Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-07-2012, 11:13 PM

21 posts, read 109,743 times

Advertisements

Not from CA...I has to be a gas generator since they don't have electric and they only run it at night. If I had a gun I would have shot holes in it already and if I knew no one was home when the 5 or 6 vehicles that have been there since last Monday were all gone and I had time to get in and out of the backyard it would be cut/bashed/smashed. We've (several neighbors and myself) been calling the police for a week, even tho there is a noise ordinance and machinery cannot be run after 10:00 p.m. on weeknights and 11:00 on weekends IF they have a permit they won't issue them tickets or if they are the squatters or whatever they are ignore them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-07-2012, 11:25 PM

Location: Central Bay Area, CA as of Jan 2010...but still a proud Texan from Houston!
7,484 posts, read 10,447,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bfsone View Post
Not from CA...I has to be a gas generator since they don't have electric and they only run it at night. If I had a gun I would have shot holes in it already and if I knew no one was home when the 5 or 6 vehicles that have been there since last Monday were all gone and I had time to get in and out of the backyard it would be cut/bashed/smashed. We've (several neighbors and myself) been calling the police for a week, even tho there is a noise ordinance and machinery cannot be run after 10:00 p.m. on weeknights and 11:00 on weekends IF they have a permit they won't issue them tickets or if they are the squatters or whatever they are ignore them.
Pour a pound of sand or sugar in the gas tank! I would be livid by now and take matters into my own hands but very carefully.

Old 08-08-2012, 01:02 AM

9,053 posts, read 17,197,318 times
Have the HOA send a certified to the owner.

Old 08-08-2012, 06:54 AM

That's already been done both certified and regular mail but the mailing and property address are the same and the owner hasn't lived there for 9 or 10 years so the certified doesn't get picked up and the regular mail letter more than likely never reaches him.

Old 08-08-2012, 07:27 AM

670 posts, read 1,441,831 times
If they really are stealing your electricity, then by all means, disable that F-ing thing.

Old 08-08-2012, 07:31 AM

9,273 posts, read 26,493,997 times
Call a news station. That annoying Amy Akin from channel 2 could come out an fabricate a story about a family who are "victims of the economy." maybe she could get donations to get their
Power on. Lol

Old 08-08-2012, 07:43 AM

187 posts, read 714,426 times
Wouldn't help with the noise issue but can power to your outside outlets be turned off at the fuse box to keep them from running up your electric? I'd be just as upset about them stealing from you....do the police respond to that type of theft??

Old 08-08-2012, 07:53 AM

Don't know if I can shut off the power to the outlet w/o shutting off something else I need to have on but I will investigate that, good idea...THANKS. I'm going to work at home Friday and park my vehicle at the other end of the street so I can monitor things. I will set up nanny-cam I have outside also and I can run out and grab it if rain pops up. We also have a city employee thats been working w/the HOA to help get the neighborhood cleaned up checking w/the water department to see if the water is turned on, if it's not that is a health issue and the Health Department can also get involved. If there's no water CPS will get a call also because they have small children in the house and it's not safe living conditions for them w/o water and electric.

Old 08-08-2012, 09:05 AM

2,052 posts, read 5,872,503 times
Regarding the outlets, if you are lucky and it is wired up to current code, (and I don't know how far back that goes) they would probably be hooked up through a GFI outlet. I know mine trip occasionally and I have to reset the GFI outlet in my bathroom to turn them back on. If you have GFI outlet(s), trip each to off at the outlet with the TEST button and then check the outside outlets for power. That is an easy way to disable the outside outlets and won't affect anything else but the plugs around the bathroom & kitchen sinks. And you just reset them to use the outlets, then hit the TEST button to turn them off when done. I wonder if they are stealing from your other neighbors too?

Old 08-08-2012, 12:09 PM

I'm going to try and check w/the people behind and on the other side of them tonight to see if they get electric usage summary and if they have noticed an increase.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
View detailed profiles of: