Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-13-2012, 09:05 AM

703 posts, read 1,242,697 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by crone View Post
Please don't take offense. I'm telling you exactly what I would tell my beloved grandson.

How many times do they have to tell you who they are before you believe them? The builder and the employees, all of them, are incompetent crooks, who prey upon people's hope and dreams.

The inconvenience you suffer today is mild compared to what it will should you continue with these folks.

They could not deliver a quality product. Get your money back and move on. If you can't get the money back, kiss it good bye. The money will be well spent. Lesson learned.
Thanks and I couldn't agree more. It was a difficult decision to walk (time invested and monetary), but I did what was best for me, not them. Spoke with the salesman earlier this morning and didn't like what he had to say. I gave this company a chance to earn my business and it feels like they don't care. I'll walk over to a different builder and see how it fares. If it doesn't work out with them, I'm good. I'm in no rush to purchase a home and I can wait until I get out of the military in three years (if I don't re-enlist) to find a home.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-13-2012, 09:05 AM

1,115 posts, read 2,596,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by westres1 View Post
He is going to lose his earnest money and all upgrade money. He should hire an inspector and force them to fix at their expense. an inspector is 300 bucks. The price of the fridge is more.
I'm sure he can wiggle out of that due to the scenario.

Especially if he doesn't get financed, easy way out.

Usually earnest money is gone if you walk with no valid reason.

But if he gets them to rebuild, at least most builders will just transfer the earnest $.

Old 07-13-2012, 09:20 AM

9,053 posts, read 17,236,469 times
Would you mind letting me know who is the builder?

Old 07-13-2012, 09:35 AM

201 posts, read 916,684 times
If they're being that difficult now, BEFORE they have your money, imagine how they'll be after closing if you have warranty issues. I realize you will likely be walking away from money, but better to lose less than more.

Old 07-13-2012, 09:54 AM

24,085 posts, read 15,194,506 times
If they are still jerking him around about the funding, and he wants the house, it is not too late to get an inspector. The loan is not approved. They need to fix the house. If this buyer walks, the builder will have to find another buyer.

If this buyer sees the flaws, won't everybody else?

Old 07-13-2012, 12:33 PM

1,115 posts, read 2,596,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheryjohns View Post
Would you mind letting me know who is the builder?
Chesmar

Old 07-13-2012, 12:39 PM

9,053 posts, read 17,236,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by a_guerrajr View Post
Chesmar
Well, that underlined what I already thought about them...Thanks.

Old 07-13-2012, 02:57 PM

4,900 posts, read 13,766,831 times
Just refuse to provide additional paperwork to the lender. If they deny you for the mortgage then you can cancel the contract and get your earnest money back.

Old 07-13-2012, 04:14 PM

11 posts, read 71,509 times
This reply is on behalf of Chesmar Homes. We work to satisfy every homebuyer and we regret whenever a customer is not satisfied with their home. We respect that each buyer has to decide what is in their best interest and sometimes that means not purchasing a home. We stand behind our homes and work very hard to consistently deliver a high quality home.

Old 07-13-2012, 04:43 PM

4,246 posts, read 12,048,961 times
You barely stand by it and only when someone catches the problem that isn't doing the actual work and isn't a push over.

And why this OP is giving you guys a 3rd chance is beyond retarded in this economy. I'd have walked after the first issue on what he's says happened. Housing market has been in the crapper and you have a Supervisor telling the home owner we're not fixing the issue when it's obvious they did a crap job. I'd hate to see what's behind the sheetrock.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston