Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-11-2012, 11:55 AM

5 posts, read 13,424 times

Advertisements

HELLO ,
I HAVE A QUESTION FOR YOU GUYS, BACK IN 2008 I WAS BRUTALLY ASSAULTED .. WHEN IT TOOK PLACE THEY MESSED UP MY TEETH ,WHICH I CAN NOT SMILE ANYMORE IM A SINGLE MOTHER OF A 6 YR OLD, AND I AM ABOUT 6 WEEKS AWAY FROM HAVING MY SON.. I DONT KNOW WHERE TO TURN TO.. OVER THE YEARS IT HAS GOT WORSE . AND I COULD NOT AFFORD ANY DENTAL WORK THEN , OR NOW.... IM UNEMPLOYED AND I JUST NEED SOMEONE THAT COULD HELP.. I WOULD GIVE ANYTHING TO JUST HAVE AT LEAST MY SMILE AGAIN.. FOR MY SELF ESTEEM .. AND SO I CAN NO LONGER BE JUDGED ANYMORE .. IF ANYONE CAN HELP ME PLEASE , THANKYOU VERY MUCH AND GODBLESS.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-11-2012, 12:10 PM

687 posts, read 2,130,021 times
Call the Good Neighbor Health Center. They are a non-profit community health center that provides affordable health care to all, even if you don't have insurance. They have a dental center, and can help you with your problem.

Old 07-11-2012, 12:14 PM

2,075 posts, read 4,450,066 times
Here's a few places to try contacting first:

Student Clinics | UTHealth School of Dentistry

Ibn Sina Foundation

Old 07-11-2012, 12:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by karuna95 View Post
Call the Good Neighbor Health Center. They are a non-profit community health center that provides affordable health care to all, even if you don't have insurance. They have a dental center, and can help you with your problem.
thank you very much!!

Old 07-11-2012, 12:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LostInHouston View Post
Here's a few places to try contacting first:

Student Clinics | UTHealth School of Dentistry

Ibn Sina Foundation
thankyou as well

Old 07-11-2012, 02:49 PM

2,075 posts, read 4,450,066 times
Moderator cut: orphaned

Yes, she probably needs a job... but even with a job there's no guarantee she'll ever be able to pay for (what sounds like) the extensive dental care needed. My wife needed some work done recently, and it took us a bit of time to get together the money even though we both have very decent jobs with dental insurance. Some people simply are never going to have careers in their lives that afford them the extra dollars required for extensive dental work.

Last edited by BstYet2Be; 07-13-2012 at 12:06 AM.. Reason: Orphaned - post referred to has been removed

Old 07-11-2012, 05:48 PM

114 posts, read 225,277 times
I think you can get Medicaid for dental work if you are pregnant

Old 07-11-2012, 09:45 PM
etx

49 posts, read 106,007 times
If you have medicaid right now you will continue to be covered for up to 60 days after your child is born. Maybe you can find a dentist who accepts medicaid and get this taken care of, 4 years is a long time to go with bad teeth.

People are more likely to get hired if their teeth look normal.

Old 07-11-2012, 10:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by etx View Post
If you have medicaid right now you will continue to be covered for up to 60 days after your child is born. Maybe you can find a dentist who accepts medicaid and get this taken care of, 4 years is a long time to go with bad teeth.

People are more likely to get hired if their teeth look normal.
thankyou, and yes that has been my problem my medicaid only covers exams

Old 07-11-2012, 11:34 PM

687 posts, read 2,130,021 times
singlemommyof2 - I would save the UT dental school as a last resort. Yes, you'll be giving dental students much needed practice, but given all that you've been through, I'd recommend just going to a real dentist. Going the student route takes much longer because they're new at it and slow, and all their work has to be checked by a supervising dentist.

I'd recommend the real community health center and real dentists (i.e. Good Neighbor Health Center or Ibn Sina). The fee is based on a sliding scale, based on your income. If you have very little income, you'll pay very little. Even if you have more, the prices are still discounted.

And just let all the non-helpful commentaries slide off your back like water off of a duck. Takes all types of people, it's no reflection on you. Go take care of yourself and your babies. Good luck!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
View detailed profiles of: