Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-10-2007, 09:58 AM

1,740 posts, read 5,755,098 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by meletonmc View Post
I am curious about those Martha Stewart homes. I really like the floorplans since they include some unique features like mud rooms and oversized utility rooms. I think my biggest hesitation would be fear that all the moms there might be little "Martha Stewart wannabees" who are contstantly trying to outperform each other. I would also love to hear from someone about whether the community has similar amenities to Cinco Ranch. We have small children, so nice pools/splash parks are high on our list!
Funny that splash parks have become so popular - they are the big thing here in San Antonio. My wife was disapointed that the neighborhood we are looking at doesn't have one.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-11-2007, 05:34 PM

69 posts, read 407,557 times
My kids go berzerk over the splash parks and pools with waterslides! My moved from a neighborhood that had one, but still visit friends there sometimes. My oldest child loves it so much that he makes me draw pictures of "the waterpark."

One of the other reasons is demographics. I want to live in a neighborhood that has lots of children, and these amenities draw in such families. We currently live in an older, but nice neighborhood and there are very few small children.

Old 05-22-2008, 02:29 PM

2 posts, read 6,032 times
Default If you are still curious, Martha Stewart Homes...

If you have any questions, I have been to the Martha Stewart models and Woodcreek Reserve in Katy, Texas. The neighborhood is actually quite different from Cinco, but does have a recreation area (just one).

Please feel free to ask if you still have questions. I realize this post was quite a while ago!

Pamela

Old 05-22-2008, 02:34 PM

2 posts, read 6,032 times
Default About KB/Woodcreek

These homes are very affordable for what you are getting in the Martha Stewart series. And KB's lower end homes are much different than these, which have a lot of custom touches and AMAZING kitchens. My only complaint about the Martha Stewart section of this neighborhood is that it surrounds the new elementary school. Unless you want your view to be of the school (some homes are facing the school), you would want to pick a better lot before they are all gone.

Pamela

Old 08-06-2008, 09:29 AM

3 posts, read 12,400 times
Didn't like the Martha Stewart style. They've all got that Yankee/New England look. Can't imagine anyone from down here in the South wanting to live in something like that. Can't believe Martha Stewart would continue to be anything but a negative impact on these homes' sales.

Old 08-07-2008, 10:54 AM

1,740 posts, read 5,755,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDog007 View Post
Didn't like the Martha Stewart style. They've all got that Yankee/New England look. Can't imagine anyone from down here in the South wanting to live in something like that. Can't believe Martha Stewart would continue to be anything but a negative impact on these homes' sales.
Different strokes for different folks. I see homes that are tudor style, ranch style, traditional brick, hill country, spanish style, etc... Not all are from this part of the country - but they all attract home buyers. I would suspect that there are some living in Texas that do like the New England look.

Old 08-26-2008, 07:42 AM

1 posts, read 2,882 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pamelahh View Post
These homes are very affordable for what you are getting in the Martha Stewart series. And KB's lower end homes are much different than these, which have a lot of custom touches and AMAZING kitchens. My only complaint about the Martha Stewart section of this neighborhood is that it surrounds the new elementary school. Unless you want your view to be of the school (some homes are facing the school), you would want to pick a better lot before they are all gone.

Pamela
Hello

Have you been through any of the 9 Martha Homes that they have built out there? If not I would encourage you to have a look at the price sheets that accompany the homes, and then take a tour (not the models). I realize that we all have different definition of "affordable" but I don't see these homes as affordable especially compared with the other homes that have already been built in the neighborhood. Also, compare the base price of the homes in WoodCreek vs the base price of the ones in Atlanta (Hampton Oaks for example) You can see all of the base prices at the KB/Martha website. There is a 100-200k difference!!! (take for instance the 3616 model). There should not be that much of a regional price difference between Atlanta and Houston.

I've been through two of the existing homes and peeked in the windows of 2 others...and for the price listed you aren't getting much Martha detail. I saw basic beige walls, beige tile, and beige carpet. Granted these were 4000 sq ft and up homes but I can get that from any other spec builder in Katy.

I love the Martha homes. The models are beautiful but you will pay 600k+ for something like that. To me, that is not affordable.. and if it was I would be living somewhere else.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston