Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-05-2012, 07:44 PM

16 posts, read 28,847 times

Advertisements

Hi all,

Does anyone know why Cervelle builders shifted their focus to single story residences? I am seriously considering purchasing a home built by Cervelle in 2007, but I have read some bad things about the finish and a picture in a space above the garage does not have the radiant shielding. I also cannot see any nails, so I do not know how the shingles are secured to the roof. I've checked the specs on their webpage and while they do rate above code, what I saw in the picture above the garage gives me pause. I'll probably look at the house so I can get an accurate assessment but if I can approach the house with more information, that would be helpful. I am also extremely concerned about the location of the landfill and since I intend to buy in the long term, assurances that it will be limited in height for 12 years doesn't exactly breed confidence. Should I be looking east of 288 in Silver Lake instead?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-06-2012, 12:15 AM

2,192 posts, read 3,234,622 times
I grew up close to 2234 & 518 before "new" pearland popped up like crab grass after rain....knew tons of people who lived i the midst of those landfills and further in as there are more near Anderson Road and the Beltway, the Wildcat Golf Club, etc...don't buy into that hype about those landfills as what's being built now is probably way better than the ones who didn't have much regulation

As for Cervelle, I looked in those homes also but they didn't make the 2 story model I liked....but their homes sold cheaper than norm than most in that area so I bet things like the roof may have been why.

Old 07-06-2012, 06:51 AM

1,461 posts, read 5,607,413 times
Any particular reason you seem to be interested in that particular home? Cervelle builder has had some negative comments from posters on this forum and on the www. I would look at getting an inspector to verify the home before moving forward.

Old 07-06-2012, 10:54 PM

16 posts, read 28,847 times
My fiancee loves the extra space in the garage, the layout of the home and the location. I tend to care about things like safety, foundation, MEP systems, drainage, yardwork, and potential household "projects" so we approach the house from very different angles. The negative feedback on the net is actually what prompted my question. I checked out their website and at least their specifications appear to be above minimum code, but I'd still prefer to hear a broad spectrum of opinion.

Old 07-14-2012, 10:54 AM

3 posts, read 11,026 times
Im also looking to by a cervelle home. However Im concerned about the quality of the home. Does anybody have any advice or experience with this company. We spoke to Kathy yesterday and it she was veey customer service oriented. Do u get what y pay for with this co
.?

Old 07-14-2012, 10:55 AM

3 posts, read 11,026 times
Sorry. Kathy was not customer service oriented.

Old 07-14-2012, 11:38 AM

3,333 posts, read 9,192,954 times
Cervelle sucks and their shills show up here all the time touting them and trying to start a discussion. As you can see here, posters don't post much other.

Ronnie
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston