Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-26-2013, 12:15 AM

1 posts, read 614 times

Advertisements

Oh brother....these "Sienna Sinners" you are referring to consists of about FIVE 9th grade wannabe punks and yet you use them as a measure of the quality of an entire community and the families that live within that community?? Umm...close-minded? (Very poor reflection on you). Guess what folks, every community has it's issues...(crime, schools, traffic, HOA, taxes, etc...). I hate to break it to you, but teenagers can be annoying, all dogs poop, other people will be different than you, you won't always have green lights on your way to work, there will always be fights in schools, you might have to hear your neighbors occasionally, etc. Life is what you make it and if you focus on the negative...well good luck with living a happy life. Let me tell you about my experience living in Sienna. I walked my dog every morning and evening this week and every single person I passed on the beautiful trails greeted me with a smile. Want to know why? Because I smiled at them and said hi and asked if they are having a nice day. Then I stopped at the gas station to pick up a quick breakfast and twice this week young teenage gentlemen held the door open for me and when I said thank you they said "you are welcome m'am". I went to the gorgeous community library to check out my summer reading and it was filled with children excited about all of the books they got to check out. I met at the Sienna Clubhouse for a Saturday morning of fellowship and knitting with other ladies in the community. I met with my monthly bunco group to socialize, laugh, eat and let the cares of the week fall away. I asked for references to get my garage door fixed and a ladies husband who was a complete stranger offered to take a look and fixed the problem for me for free. I teach a few students in my home and one of my student's moms brought me the most delicious, authentic Indian food because I told her how much a love to try new foods and she wanted to share her culture with me. I bought tamales from a lovely lady who makes them fresh every week...yummy! The mailman delivered my mail to the wrong box and my neighbor went out of her way to bring directly to my front door to make sure I got all of my mail. Sienna is not perfect, but again....if you are an unhappy, negative, close-minded person, sadly it won't matter what community you live in.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-26-2013, 06:30 AM

8,895 posts, read 20,014,833 times
Your resale would be good in either area. Both are booming as is most of houston and Texas for that matter.

Old 06-26-2013, 09:22 AM

9,019 posts, read 14,303,741 times
I just want to know how to get the tamales.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston