Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-04-2012, 11:34 AM

1 posts, read 1,897 times

Advertisements

Greetings...

I am moving from California to TX. My sig other and I flew out last weekend and really liked the area. We had spent almost 2 months watching the real estate and getting to know the area. We liked it as much in person as we did virtually. I did live in Pensacola during my Navy and college years, so I have an idea of the humidity and heat.

On our trip, we bid on a house in Tomball and we should be moving by the end of the month, or beginning of next. His company is relocating to The Woodlands, so we are headed that way even if this house fall's thru.

I am looking for some info on services in the area.

First, I have a new USAA account, and am hoping to find a place where I can deposit cash if I need to. Their web site says you can via some ATM, but I've not been able to find any on the map of that area that seem to be theirs, so any help someone has would be awesome!

Second, I will need to be going to a Vet Center for treatment of my PTSD due to MST. So if someone here knows anything about the closest Vet Center to that area.. that would be great.

Third, any info on the best VA place to go locally would also be deeply appreciated. I have checked the VA facilities on the map and such, but any first hand knowledge would be super useful to me.

Any other hints of info that would be useful will be more then welcome..
Thanks in advance for any help someone may have to offer.
swan
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-12-2012, 12:00 PM
vri

1 posts, read 1,720 times
I have USAA as well, but I bank locally at Prosperity. I recommend Prosperity or First Community Banks; both are good small local banks. As for the VA, there is a clinic in Conroe that can see you for PTSD. DeBakey in the Houston Medical Center is good but busy as hell. Conroe is 20 – 30 minutes away, easy to get appointments and easy to get in and out. If you have children, stick to Tomball, Klein or Montgomery ISD’s. Magnolia, Spring, Conroe and Navasota are horrible.

Old 02-07-2013, 11:12 AM

34 posts, read 76,543 times
Swanmyst, I am not sure if you were ever given the information you requested in your original post. I am interested in relocating to Houston and my father, who we care for, is a disabeled vet. I just called to ask about transportation services to pick him up and take him home from appointments, as having those services available to him is of the utmost importance to us in determining whether we can relocate to the Houston area and is something we need to know in advance. We cannot just up and move and then find out he is on his own to get to his appointments because having new jobs we will not be able to take off work each time he has an appointment and he can no longer drive or see well enough to take mass transit.

Interestingly, I was told that they will soon be opening several outpatient facilities around Houston and two that were mentioned and may be of interest to you will be in Katy and Tomball, which if I'm correct will eventually be the facilities nearest to your location. It's not open yet, but it's coming and that may be news to you.

If you have any information regarding the VA system in the Houston area, kindly pass that onto me. I'd like an idea of how backed up the system might be and if the vets are getting the services they deserve.

Best wishes and thank you for your service to our country.

Old 02-12-2013, 11:51 PM

182 posts, read 703,482 times
The Richmond clinic opened a couple of year ago and is great . . . new, clean, convenient, great staff, never have to wait that long. Before the clinic opening, I was going to Debakey Vet Hospital downtown and still have to for specialty services such as MRI, eye clinis, etc Most of the staff is great, they do have valet parking and starbucks, but it is crazy busy and I do what I can to minimize my trips down there. Depending on your location, there are some county and senior transportation options available if the VA cannot provide it for you.

Old 02-14-2013, 07:22 AM

392 posts, read 1,001,847 times
If you use at least 2 USAA services you can get their mobile banking and use your phone to take a picture of the check and deposit it.

Other than my direct deposit I don't know how else to get $$$ into a USAA account.

Edit: Android/Iphone/ipad only

Last edited by ComeAtMe; 02-14-2013 at 07:40 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston