Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-15-2011, 05:55 AM

9,598 posts, read 16,562,340 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by baytownb View Post
SO in other words you didn't care to read it and actually respond to any of the factual information point by point pr refute what they reported, but instead just chose to dismiss information out of hand because you have a preconceived notion of the source. Got it. The article actually merely chronicles the events in the red light camera saga factually and has dozens of quotes from all the players. Sounds pretty credible to me.
Absolutely. It's hard to take seriously a paper that has fifteen pages of advertisements for places you can get a quick handjob.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-15-2011, 08:00 AM

8,227 posts, read 11,143,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crbcrbrgv View Post
absolutely. It's hard to take seriously a paper that has fifteen pages of advertisements for places you can get a quick handjob.
lol!

Old 09-15-2011, 08:44 AM

799 posts, read 2,441,010 times
freaken contracts...how do they work?

Old 09-15-2011, 05:39 PM

8,895 posts, read 19,993,079 times
Quote:
I merely presented a very good detailed article that summed up the issue, it was you and others that came in and wanted to argue about the source. I never said everyone had to respect my choice in media or that this even WAS my choice in media. I said focus on the content if you wanted to have a discussion, what's wrong with that? What part of that indicates that I can't "agree to disagree"? I will continue to post updates on new developements on the issue. This will be an election issue, more cities are getting ready for a vote, there will be pressure put on the state reps, and I will be posting updates as we go. My suggestion is if you are tired of the issue and think it is over and done exercise your freedom of choice and participate in other topics. I would suggest that continuing to post and argue in a thread on a topic you think is dead and the arguing should be over is counterproductive.
lol .... I never even argued in this thread one way or the other - just commented about the sensationalism of the source ... but is fun (as the old folks would say) to "get your dander up" on these things.

Old 09-15-2011, 05:41 PM

8,895 posts, read 19,993,079 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVC15 View Post
Tried to rep but must spread around more reps...but anyway +1,000,000,000
Thx - back at ya!! I too, have to spread it around more.

Old 09-15-2011, 06:56 PM

682 posts, read 1,941,480 times
I don't put much faith in anything in the Houston Press. Myself and others had some dealings with them several years back for a story where they took positive statements and picked out sections of those statements to make them sound negative to back up their story. So while they did print what was actually said, they left out the parts of the quotes that didn't go with their negative story towards a business, thus making it sound like we were backin up thier claims when we weren't.

Old 09-16-2011, 04:23 AM

3,160 posts, read 4,365,566 times
Quote:
blah blah blah . Sounds pretty credible to me.

I dont consider you credible

To be credible you cant have such a prejudicial opinion about a subject.

you discount every article ever posted saying cameras save lives while promoting every article saying cameras are only about $$.

Old 09-16-2011, 06:34 AM

2,465 posts, read 5,790,939 times
Obviously it WAS about money and now they are off. Point made, case closed. The majority wins mate. Such as life.... Move on....

Sugar Land is next now.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bily Lovec View Post
I dont consider you credible

To be credible you cant have such a prejudicial opinion about a subject.

you discount every article ever posted saying cameras save lives while promoting every article saying cameras are only about $$.

Old 09-16-2011, 07:01 AM

8,376 posts, read 30,694,805 times
So what's the deal with Baytown? Did they not turn off their red light cameras like everyone else?

Old 09-16-2011, 03:24 PM

2,628 posts, read 8,830,855 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonamd View Post
I don't put much faith in anything in the Houston Press. Myself and others had some dealings with them several years back for a story where they took positive statements and picked out sections of those statements to make them sound negative to back up their story. So while they did print what was actually said, they left out the parts of the quotes that didn't go with their negative story towards a business, thus making it sound like we were backin up thier claims when we weren't.
I think they do most of their reporting that way.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston