Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-06-2011, 06:01 PM

6,870 posts, read 14,880,849 times

Advertisements

I'm incredibly confused by this thread. Does the OP want the HOV lanes to be backed up like the main lanes? What would be the point of an HOV lane if it was congested like the main lanes? Maybe I'm missing something. I guess the OP likes that the Sam Houston Tollway is congested between I-45 and 290 and that any section not congested is a failure.

Old 09-06-2011, 06:27 PM

2,556 posts, read 4,064,357 times
I, too, wish the government would stay out of our lives. Damn liberals. I can't believe the government would build a road at all. They should stop taxing us to build stupid roads. And schools, and everything else. Then we could spend three hours driving to Katy on dirt tracks. That would be real American freedom, damn it.

Oh wait... I guess I only want the government to stay out of my life sometimes...

Old 09-06-2011, 06:40 PM

10,216 posts, read 8,134,223 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mistergus75 View Post
I'm not the only one who'd be ticked off.

Civility in politics? Until liberals stop trying to tell everyone else how to run their lives, there will be no civility, nor should there be.

Of course, in the "good old days", conservatives didn't have a voice. Thank God for FOX News, the internet, and especially talk radio. Rush Limbaugh...truly a national treasure.

Just build the lanes people need! Quit trying to mold behavior!

The only way liberals can claim we have an oil shortage is by creating it themselves. The only way they can force carpooling is with stunts like "HOV lanes".

In any arena, liberals can only advance their agenda by taking away people's choices.

Yeah, I'm ranting. If it bothers anyone, have a tissue...

As for the future...you're only going to get more of this.
No one is trying to mold behavior. No one is making you use the HOV lane. You are given an opportunity to use them or not.

I really don't even know how to respond to your liberal oil shortage rant without getting kicked off of this forum. Hopefully someone else can educate this person or recommend some light reading for them.

Old 09-06-2011, 06:47 PM

2,480 posts, read 7,152,249 times
Quote:
I'm not the only one who'd be ticked off.

Civility in politics? Until liberals stop trying to tell everyone else how to run their lives, there will be no civility, nor should there be.

Of course, in the "good old days", conservatives didn't have a voice. Thank God for FOX News, the internet, and especially talk radio. Rush Limbaugh...truly a national treasure.

Just build the lanes people need! Quit trying to mold behavior!

The only way liberals can claim we have an oil shortage is by creating it themselves. The only way they can force carpooling is with stunts like "HOV lanes".

In any arena, liberals can only advance their agenda by taking away people's choices.

Yeah, I'm ranting. If it bothers anyone, have a tissue...

Good to know I have a block button then.

This is a city data forum. Not a political agenda board. People come here to talk about the city of Houston, it's people, it's places and the sites to see, and how to get to know the city better.

Not read rants that are pointless and inaccurate.

Old 09-06-2011, 06:52 PM

10,216 posts, read 8,134,223 times
Quote:
https://www.city-data.com/forum/polit...controversies/

That's where you need to go to post how liberals are the devil.

Old 09-06-2011, 06:57 PM

222 posts, read 721,131 times
Yeah, I'm always amazed when I drive in the HOV lane how many people still choose to drive in the congested main lanes. Maybe they don't realize its pretty easy, and probably faster, to stop at a park and ride and pick up a rider to get on the HOV. Thats what I always do.

Old 09-06-2011, 07:25 PM

1,326 posts, read 3,457,013 times
How has this thread not been shut down yet?
Oh I get it. Off-topic rants are only allowed here if it's about "evil liberals"

Old 09-06-2011, 07:44 PM

61,940 posts, read 87,554,606 times
Yeah, I think it's about time to close this thread. No one seems to agree with OP anyway. And now it became a political rant.
Closed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston