Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-11-2011, 11:38 AM

112 posts, read 435,163 times

Advertisements

Low-income housing projects unlikely to receive tax credits - Your Houston News: News

Does anyone know if they are going through with this? They have a proposal for 2 different low-income housing projects to be planned for the Westheimer Lakes area. I really hope this isn't the case as it will bring more crime, traffic, and decrease the overall value of the homes near there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-11-2011, 12:14 PM

Location: Where nothing ever grows. No rain or rivers flow, Texas
1,085 posts, read 1,592,169 times
nice

Old 07-11-2011, 12:18 PM

295 posts, read 1,173,832 times
well i see apartment complex along westpark tollway near lakemont and there is a new a apartment near cinco ranch southwest. so i think apartment complex will be unavoidable on commerical lot..

what i want to see though is kroger, heb, etc.. along westpark tollway @ spring green blvd.. or anywhere along spring green blvd

Old 08-13-2011, 08:31 AM

833 posts, read 1,906,027 times
No, it is not going to happen. These properties were voted as last in the list of proposed complex for this region.

Old 08-13-2011, 12:44 PM

1,326 posts, read 3,474,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtothemak View Post
No, it is not going to happen. These properties were voted as last in the list of proposed complex for this region.
When was this vote taken?
Do you (or anyone else) have a link with more information?

Old 08-13-2011, 07:39 PM

Here is the link from the state of Texas. Pages 8 and 9. Only first 6 where considered competitive in region and will get the $10 million allocated funds. Both the Westheimer Lakes properties where part of not competitive with falling to position 20 and 23 out of 23. From what I understand funding will be official in the next couple of months.

http://www.tdhca.state.tx.us/multifa...aitingList.pdf

People can stop freaking out and running away. Not sure how this has affected home sales but hopefully once this is officially finalized soon the builders can sell more homes.

Old 08-13-2011, 09:27 PM

18,241 posts, read 25,575,950 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by parisby View Post
LI really hope this isn't the case as it will bring more crime, traffic, and decrease the overall value of the homes near there.
The only reason that that's done is for businesses in the area to have a large pool of minimum wage workers available all the time.

I guarantee that the business owners in that area are 100% in favor of it.

Old 08-14-2011, 01:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dopo View Post
The only reason that that's done is for businesses in the area to have a large pool of minimum wage workers available all the time.

I guarantee that the business owners in that area are 100% in favor of it.
I would disagree, especially in this area. There is a large pool of labor of "your so call cheap labor" within reasonable distances such has some of the parts around Mason close to I-10. Putting up low income housing overall can have a negative impact because of perception and the area will stop growing with the people that the expendable income to spend at these local businesses.

But heck all the people starting these type of threads are doing the freakin same thing to the area. But the good news is the low income developers will not be building here. The area is just too new and still developing and services that low income housing needs are just not there and will not be there for a long time to come and this is why it was put all the way to the bottom of the list and deemed not competitive.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston