Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-05-2011, 07:06 PM

6 posts, read 38,620 times

Advertisements

I am trying to find a daycare in Sugar Land for my two year old. She is currently in one now, but I have some concerns where she is now, and want to get her out when my older child starts school. Does anyone have one that they love? I am open to Montessori, but am a little hesitant. My daughter is already a little strong willed and overly independent, and I am worried if I send her to a monetessori type environment, it would be even more so.

Thanks for any recs
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-06-2011, 01:32 PM

34 posts, read 107,662 times
What part of Sugar Land are you looking at?

Old 04-06-2011, 01:55 PM

6 posts, read 38,620 times
We live in Telfair so something around that area. I work in memorial and usually drop the is off. So I would like to take them to a school that would be on the way and without too much backtracking. Thanks

Old 04-06-2011, 02:16 PM

24,068 posts, read 15,185,116 times
If you found a place next to your work, you could enjoy your child as you commute. DH wanted to locate schools next to employment centers so that parents could have more time with their children. It would make conferences and programs easier, too.

Old 04-06-2011, 04:05 PM

34 posts, read 107,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crone View Post
If you found a place next to your work, you could enjoy your child as you commute. DH wanted to locate schools next to employment centers so that parents could have more time with their children. It would make conferences and programs easier, too.
Problem with this is, if you take the day off you still have to drive all the way to work to take your kid to preschool.

Old 04-06-2011, 08:29 PM

4,760 posts, read 13,849,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo C. View Post
Problem with this is, if you take the day off you still have to drive all the way to work to take your kid to preschool.
Yes, and another problem is that your child makes friends with children who live really far from your home.

I like that we chose a local daycare and then we are always running into families where my children know their peers from the school.

There are mixed reviews from the place we chose - if I were looking again, I would try really hard to go with a facility that is NAEYC-accredited. There are a few of those around Sugar Land.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston