Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-27-2007, 07:45 PM

2 posts, read 16,757 times

Advertisements

My husband and I are considering moving to Kingwood and we have seen many homes for sale in Forest Cove. Is this a good area in Kingwood? Some background: I am a stay-at-home mother of young children and my husband is an attorney who works downtown. We currently live in Houston near The Medical Center. We are looking for an established, quiet, clean, safe area with good public schools. Kingwood looks very promising. We are looking for a home in the $200+ price range. I searched the forums and found some helpful information about Kingwood, but not Forest Cove in particular. I apologize if I have just overlooked it and this message is redundant. Thank you!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-27-2007, 07:51 PM

13 posts, read 94,257 times
Default Hey

I would think that The Woodlands has better schools than Kingwood if you have the money. We have 2 kids and are moving there next year. We are trying to save cash though.

Old 07-27-2007, 09:57 PM

2,282 posts, read 4,068,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mom22blessings View Post
I would think that The Woodlands has better schools than Kingwood if you have the money. We have 2 kids and are moving there next year. We are trying to save cash though.
Oh please...pretty nit picky! Both The Woodlands and Kingwood schools have good reputations.

Forest Cove was developed quite a few years before Kingwood proper - so housing is a little more mature - and I don't think Forest Cove has as high a level of regulation as Kingwood proper - but I'm sure someone who lives there can fill you in a lot more!

Old 07-27-2007, 10:06 PM

832 posts, read 3,855,359 times
Kingwood schools are great. Forest Cove kids attend Kingwood schools, howver, it is not offically part of Kingwood.

Old 07-27-2007, 10:15 PM

832 posts, read 3,855,359 times
The lots in many sections of Forest Cove are large (around an acre or so)

One tidbit about the Kingwood Schools is the Kingwood High again won the Longhorn cup which is given to the best combined Academic and Athletic High School in Texas (won it four out othe the past six years). The Woodlands also did well and finished in the top ten.

Old 07-28-2007, 06:49 AM

2 posts, read 16,757 times
Thanks for all the information! I am wondering if Forest Cove is just as safe as the neighborhoods in Kingwood "proper?" I have been reading that there are some safe areas in Humble for instance, but that there are not-so-good areas around them. Does this apply to Forest Cove/Kingwood also?

Again, thank you for your help.

Old 07-28-2007, 06:58 AM

3,702 posts, read 18,224,937 times
Also keep in mind that parts of the Forest Cove area are on the banks of the San Jacinto River and those parts have experienced severe (above 2nd story) flooding in the past (refer to reports re 1994 flood -searchable on internet). I believe most of those homes went through buyout from the government. If you buy north of Hamblen Rd, you should be ok. If you go for a visit, use the golf course clubhouse on Hamblen as a landmark for flooding, it was flooded pretty well as were most structures along Hamblen.

Old 09-05-2007, 07:55 AM

1 posts, read 8,275 times
As a Forest Cove property owner, the area is amazing! We raised our children there for 16 years on the golf course. Neighbors couldn't be nicer and being up front we missed years of Kingwood Dr./Northpark traffic. Some parts on the river did flood, but up from the river is a quiet and safe place. We did recently move to larger home with our four children...so our completely remodeled home is for sale/lease...

Old 11-12-2007, 01:32 PM

2 posts, read 16,329 times
Default forest cove

[I quote=swpennell;1158092]My husband and I are considering moving to Kingwood and we have seen many homes for sale in Forest Cove. Is this a good area in Kingwood? Some background: I am a stay-at-home mother of young children and my husband is an attorney who works downtown. We currently live in Houston near The Medical Center. We are looking for an established, quiet, clean, safe area with good public schools. Kingwood looks very promising. We are looking for a home in the $200+ price range. I searched the forums and found some helpful information about Kingwood, but not Forest Cove in particular. I apologize if I have just overlooked it and this message is redundant. Thank you![/quote]

Old 11-12-2007, 01:35 PM

2 posts, read 16,329 times
I have lived in Forest Cove over 33 years...we purchased our lot and built and have remodeled our home three times...almost everyone on our street are the "originals!" We love our home and our property and recently remodeled five years ago with the idea that we would stay forever.....however we have decided that we will sell and move during 2009....our wonderful home is crying for a family......Forest Cove is the best place to raise a family and have hopes and dreams........Judy
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston