Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-12-2011, 08:17 AM

1,668 posts, read 4,717,134 times

Advertisements

The "Guadiest House" had a million animal heads all over the study. This new listing in Bunker Hill has the most heads I've ever seen.

What's your opinion? Is it a faux pas or the latest trend in local decor?

Picture 13:

11714 Durrette Dr, Houston, TX 77024 - HAR.com

edit to add this:
http://images-07.har.com/e1/mediadisplay/07/lr2703007-13.jpg (broken link)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-12-2011, 08:21 AM

9,273 posts, read 26,551,068 times
They need a ranch.LOL. Perfectly acceptable to place them all on the same wall in a ranch house/cabin.

One or two placed in a gameroom in Houston is a enough. I'm down to one Elk in the stairwell here.

My brother was told to remove all the animal heads in his gameroom out in the burbs. It was freaking all the Californians out. Apparently one of them even left the house because of them. Good thing they weren't looking in one the old Houston Neighborhoods, they might have had a heartattack.

Old 02-12-2011, 10:12 AM

2,629 posts, read 8,851,376 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EasilyAmused View Post
They need a ranch.LOL. Perfectly acceptable to place them all on the same wall in a ranch house/cabin.

One or two placed in a gameroom in Houston is a enough. I'm down to one Elk in the stairwell here.

My brother was told to remove all the animal heads in his gameroom out in the burbs. It was freaking all the Californians out. Apparently one of them even left the house because of them. Good thing they weren't looking in one the old Houston Neighborhoods, they might have had a heartattack.
LOL, yes, most of the bigger homes in my neighborhood have built in gun racks too, only a couple had the animal heads that I have come across over here though.

Old 02-12-2011, 10:13 AM

3,106 posts, read 9,140,206 times
Not my thing. I'd leave, too, just because I couldn't stomach looking at all those eyes and heads (leave the room...not the house...I would hope that I could *see* beyond that if I were buying a house).

It's just about as creepy as seeing the listing a year or 2 ago for a house in the Spring or Cypress area where the owner was obviously a doll collector. OMG. It was covered wall-to-wall, floor-to-ceiling in dolls. Did I already mention CREEPY?

Anyone see the show last year, I think, where a couple was being "mediated" because the wife had all their deceased pets stuffed & displayed and the husband was just tired of it all?

Last edited by Sampaguita; 02-12-2011 at 10:25 AM..

Old 02-12-2011, 11:09 AM

1,042 posts, read 3,271,491 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sampaguita View Post
Not my thing. I'd leave, too, just because I couldn't stomach looking at all those eyes and heads (leave the room...not the house...I would hope that I could *see* beyond that if I were buying a house).

It's just about as creepy as seeing the listing a year or 2 ago for a house in the Spring or Cypress area where the owner was obviously a doll collector. OMG. It was covered wall-to-wall, floor-to-ceiling in dolls. Did I already mention CREEPY?

Anyone see the show last year, I think, where a couple was being "mediated" because the wife had all their deceased pets stuffed & displayed and the husband was just tired of it all?
I sooo agree with you!! If you are selling your house pack them suckers up and you will see your house move soo much faster than if ya leave um on the walls! Ewwww!!

Old 02-12-2011, 11:30 AM

239 posts, read 640,255 times
In addition to being gaudy and tacky, that's just bad juju. There's enough other issues to worry about when house buying, I don't need to be worrying about those kinds of karmic nasties being left behind too!

Old 02-12-2011, 08:01 PM

1,075 posts, read 2,922,428 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sampaguita View Post

Yikes. No, I didn't.

People are just amazing....

Old 02-12-2011, 08:16 PM

15,852 posts, read 35,205,998 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LizzySWW View Post
The "Guadiest House" had a million animal heads all over the study. This new listing in Bunker Hill has the most heads I've ever seen.

What's your opinion? Is it a faux pas or the latest trend in local decor?

Picture 13:

11714 Durrette Dr, Houston, TX 77024 - HAR.com

edit to add this:
It's pretty obvious who runs the house in that family. LOL "Ok, you can have ONE ROOM to put your stupid trophy mounts in, but the rest of the house is MINE, buddy!"

Sorry, it just screams.... "tiny penis" to me. LOL

Nice house otherwise, if you like boring off-white walls.

20yrsinBranson

Old 02-13-2011, 06:53 PM

3,160 posts, read 4,376,618 times
Liberials are easy to spot.

a million heads ? each head takes up 6+sq. ft.
Does the OP know how ignorant your statement sounds now ?

Old 02-13-2011, 07:07 PM

62,065 posts, read 87,781,978 times
^^^ I am sure you should not take it literally...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston