Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-22-2010, 11:11 AM

3,106 posts, read 9,124,155 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by A&M Bulldawg View Post
Why?
Are you being purposely obtuse?

I haven't even ventured into a mall yet this shopping season. I start shopping tomorrow and I'm going to avoid FCM at all costs. May pop into the outdoor shopping areas though (for B&N or Williams-Sonoma).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-22-2010, 11:13 AM

12,735 posts, read 21,777,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sampaguita View Post
LOL! No. I'm very very interesting. You Houstonians are interesting people who have interesting opinions and experiences.

Old 12-22-2010, 11:17 AM

15,982 posts, read 35,212,805 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sampaguita View Post

I haven't even ventured into a mall yet this shopping season. I start shopping tomorrow and I'm going to avoid FCM at all costs. May pop into the outdoor shopping areas though (for B&N or Williams-Sonoma).
Feels good to be in Waco!

The place may suck, but don't have to deal with all that crap.

Old 12-22-2010, 11:21 AM

16,668 posts, read 17,433,087 times
I haven't gone through all the thread, but what's going on at the old Town and Country Mall these days?

Old 12-22-2010, 11:24 AM

I think the new shopping destination, City Centre, has been built there. I learn so much from these Houstonians!

Old 12-22-2010, 11:25 AM

1,339 posts, read 2,603,039 times
I also think that The Woodlands Mall should have a Nordstrom's and even a Neiman Marcus located at that mall. It surprised the heck out of me that they did not try harder to recruit one of those two major "Upscale Stores" to fill the void of the former Mervyn's anchor store location. A Forever XXI anchor store is not what I would have recruited for that location. I would have aimed higher and reached for the stars and shot for the bigger boys. But, that stated it is still an "Upscale Mall". I also do not classify Target as "Upscale Retail" and was surprised when MetroNational Corporation, the owners of Memorial City Mall, recruited Target from the Echo Lane Shopping Center just down the freeway at Blalock Road/Echo Lane and the Katy Freeway. I thought that Target also changed the definition of what is considered mainstream to be "Upscale" a little bit. I have know disrespect for Target though as we shop there regularly, just not that location because that is not near our home.

Old 12-22-2010, 11:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jezer View Post
I haven't gone through all the thread, but what's going on at the old Town and Country Mall these days?
CITYCENTRE

Old 12-22-2010, 11:28 AM

1,339 posts, read 2,603,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jezer View Post

Town & Country Mall was demolished a few years back and City Centre built in it's place. Go to www.citycentrehouston.com for more details.

Old 12-22-2010, 11:31 AM

1,075 posts, read 2,916,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by A&M Bulldawg View Post
Why?
Because as we type, there are at least 10,000,000 people (not all from Houston, many from everywhere else) trying to "shop" at that madhouse.

It's bad on a normal Tuesday in March at 6:00 pm.

It's insane at Christmas.

People, people: are you really saving money that way?

Old 12-22-2010, 11:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmberAzeneth View Post
I also think that The Woodlands Mall should have a Nordstrom's and even a Neiman Marcus located at that mall. It surprised the heck out of me that they did not try harder to recruit one of those two major "Upscale Stores" to fill the void of the former Mervyn's anchor store location. A Forever XXI anchor store is not what I would have recruited for that location. I would have aimed higher and reached for the stars and shot for the bigger boys. But, that stated it is still an "Upscale Mall". I also do not classify Target as "Upscale Retail" and was surprised when MetroNational Corporation recruited target from the Echo Lane Shopping Center just down the freeway at Blalock Road/Echo Lane and the Katy Freeway. I thought that Target also changed the definition of "Upscale" a little. I have know disrespect for Target though as we shop there regularly, just not that location because that is not near our home.
I so agree with this. How about you contact Nordstrom and NM about more stores in Houston.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston