Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-20-2009, 08:16 AM

1,507 posts, read 3,135,199 times

Advertisements

this is my first time renting--am in what nepa calls a half double---had 6 months of quiet--got new neighbor 1 month ago on other side---now have mice everywhere ----caught 3 with glue traps---HOW CAN I GET THE ONES HIDING OUT? NOT SLEEPING WELL--THINK I HEAR THEM EVERYWHERE!

owned home in fla----never had bug issues,snake once---easy to get rid of--these mice go around the glue traps and across the room in broad daylight!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-20-2009, 11:20 AM

23,608 posts, read 70,476,785 times
snap traps, fresh reese pb cups or lil debbie oatmeal cookies for bait.

Old 08-20-2009, 11:40 AM

392 posts, read 1,375,877 times
Find out where they are coming from and use snap traps baited with peanut butter. Dont over do the pb-just enough for a quick snack. Very quick and effective. Set them up along the perimeter of the rooms as well-they like to stay close to the walls.

Old 08-20-2009, 08:23 PM

16,489 posts, read 24,493,391 times
The very first thing you need to do is go room to room, including closets, behind appliances, everywhere, and look for any holes in the walls and around pipes. Remember mice can fit through very tiny spaces. Fill in holes, put hardware cloth around openings around pipes. You can trap them until the cows come home and they will keep coming if they have a way to get in. Do not use poison if you have a cat or dog. Set traps with crunchy peanut butter and continue setting traps out until you have filled in all holes and spaces and you have not caught any mice for a month.

Old 08-23-2009, 11:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brokencrayola View Post
The very first thing you need to do is go room to room, including closets, behind appliances, everywhere, and look for any holes in the walls and around pipes. Remember mice can fit through very tiny spaces. Fill in holes, put hardware cloth around openings around pipes. You can trap them until the cows come home and they will keep coming if they have a way to get in. Do not use poison if you have a cat or dog. Set traps with crunchy peanut butter and continue setting traps out until you have filled in all holes and spaces and you have not caught any mice for a month.
thank u so much--i now have about 7 traps thru the downstairs but have not caught one---am following instructions with pb----am hiring handyman to go around and check pipes,holes(am disabled)
right now those stinkin mice are running this old lady ragged---saw one yesterday and it ran PAST the pb trap and AROUND the glue one!

Old 08-23-2009, 11:25 AM

45,454 posts, read 60,666,498 times
I have good luck with sticky traps with a glob of chocolate and peanut butter on them.

Old 08-24-2009, 01:53 PM

8,309 posts, read 38,794,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by harry chickpea View Post
snap traps, fresh reese pb cups or lil debbie oatmeal cookies for bait.
The bad thing about those little debbies is that I wind up eating most of them.

Old 08-24-2009, 06:05 PM

i now have all three--hope i get those stinkers(before i eat the oatmeal cookies)----so far in my traps i put pb,cheese--no luck---today reeses pb cups!

Old 08-24-2009, 08:05 PM

1,306 posts, read 3,122,404 times
Since you're renting, perhaps you should get your landlord involved, so that you're not paying to take care of their house's problem? A good pest control agency should help pinpoint how they're getting in.

Old 08-24-2009, 08:47 PM

510 posts, read 717,291 times
You want to do 3 things: get rid of the ones currently there and eliminate any entrances (sounds like people have suggested both). Finally, get rid of any open food source; keep everything in the fridge or a container or jar. Make sure pet food is not out. If there's nothing to eat there's less incentive to get in.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House