Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-28-2011, 07:20 AM

10,447 posts, read 49,691,360 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by breeinmo. View Post
Wow, I think DesertSun was only giving his own personal taste and opinion. Does he have a strong opinion? Of course, thats his bread and butter and what he loves. He also stated that YOU should get what YOU want, so your post was pretty snarky to someone who gave you soooooo much valuable free advice. Not many people would go to all the trouble he did, even hunted links for you. Even if I had gotten offended over something like you did, I'd never post such a rude response after all the help I'd received. I'm not even looking to buy cabinets, and his posts were fascinating to me. Some really great helpful posters have been run off cause of posts like yours, and the rest of us appreciating posters miss them. Something to think about, dont ya think?

And comparing ONE house, to 30 years experience is just silly. IMO ( which I'm allowed to have btw )
Thank you so much. In addition, 1000 REPs to you and may your day be blessed completely and thoroughly.

I'm used to it, it really don't bother me. I know I come across strong. Some say I express opinions. Well yea I do, who don't? But when I do I say it's my opinion. When it's a fact I say it's a fact. That don't stop others who don't agree with facts from arguing it. But we are all human and I can take whatever is thrown at me. A small part of my income is from writing for professional trade journals. I really doubt they would pay me to write what is false one man opinions. I write facts and write them hard. Words that I post here for free because I love helping others save money.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-28-2011, 07:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whirnot View Post
Sorry, his response that slab doors are plain, ugly, and deserving of nothing but Junky apartments, is what generated the "snarky" response.

I was just giving one example, that disputed his 1 in a million homebuyers.

I too have an opinion but, do not try to steer others from what they want to what I like. Anyone that studies the market for high end, modern or contemporary homes knows that some styles are beautiful in those homes as well as "Junk Apartments"
Hey don't sweat it man. What you like is not a good selling style at all. You love it and that don't make you bad. It makes you unique. A special gift.

That style does go into apartments but the cabs are junky. That style also is made in high quality boxes which is what you are talking about. Both are the same style but one is junk and one is high quality. I was referring to the style really. Not very popular in our part of the world but certainly not ever seen. As said earlier, I only sold one kitchen in slab door in 33 years.

Good day to you

Old 11-28-2011, 08:07 AM

1,126 posts, read 2,929,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertsun41 View Post
Hey don't sweat it man. What you like is not a good selling style at all. You love it and that don't make you bad. It makes you unique. A special gift.

That style does go into apartments but the cabs are junky. That style also is made in high quality boxes which is what you are talking about. Both are the same style but one is junk and one is high quality. I was referring to the style really. Not very popular in our part of the world but certainly not ever seen. As said earlier, I only sold one kitchen in slab door in 33 years.

Good day to you
All else said, you are a gentleman. I apologize if I too was a little strong.
And a good day to you, as well.

Old 11-28-2011, 08:46 AM

10,135 posts, read 27,505,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whirnot View Post
All else said, you are a gentleman. I apologize if I too was a little strong.
And a good day to you, as well.

Yea, well, where is his apology to me for the snarky and baseless comment he made to me? I guess he is a gentleman to you at least.

Old 11-28-2011, 09:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilson513 View Post
Yea, well, where is his apology to me for the snarky and baseless comment he made to me? I guess he is a gentleman to you at least.
Apology? None needed by either of us. I complimented you nicely in post #4. Compliments do not come from me easily so consider yourself worthy. You are an intelligent man who reads good words as snarky (using your words). It is very hard to come through as a real live kind person when all we see is words on these forums. Nothing I said was meant to put you down, even if I say I don't like your taste.

Old 01-29-2014, 11:30 PM

1 posts, read 1,504 times
I am in search of finest quality of woodbridge for my kitchen as i spend most of the time of weekend in kitchen which requires to be updated and clean. Any suggestions are wel-come.

MOD CUT link
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House