Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Honda and Acura
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-25-2009, 02:21 PM

6,367 posts, read 16,912,832 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omaha Rocks View Post
^ Yeah, that's part of what's weird about it. No CEL with codes. Usually an O2 Sensor or EGR valve will kick that on. So it's kind of weird that it has affected his mileage so badly, but there are no codes.
Hey, how's the weather there?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-25-2009, 02:32 PM

8,292 posts, read 26,749,031 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gimme3steps View Post
Hey, how's the weather there?
Shut up! You know EXACTLY how it is!

Actually, our one son & wife just made it down from Mpls. Rough trip, and they're very happy they were in a Jeep. But they're here, so the celebration begins!

Old 12-25-2009, 02:45 PM

6,367 posts, read 16,912,832 times
Quote:
Shut up! You know EXACTLY how it is!

Actually, our one son & wife just made it down from Mpls. Rough trip, and they're very happy they were in a Jeep. But they're here, so the celebration begins!
Good to hear they made it safely. Now get off the computer and go enjoy your family and the rest of the holidays.

Happy Holidays to you and your family

Old 12-25-2009, 03:27 PM

4,500 posts, read 12,381,656 times
Quote:
^ Yeah, that's part of what's weird about it. No CEL with codes. Usually an O2 Sensor or EGR valve will kick that on. So it's kind of weird that it has affected his mileage so badly, but there are no codes.
Actually, my O2 sensor completely fell out (still attached to the wire though, but dangling in free air) and I didn't get a CEL code.

...Didn't really need one though, considering the sound level of my exhaust, without it in.

Old 12-26-2009, 10:47 AM

3,977 posts, read 7,709,964 times
thanks all for the info. Some very good points to consider. I would hope the Honda people wouldn't do anything "fishy" to my car, since I only go to Honda for any work on my car.
I don't recall if I had this problem right before the tranny change, but it's possible. Whatever it is, I hope it's not a expensive problem. The tranny took enough out of me!!!
When I went in for the tranny, they did a diagnostic test, and since I don't recall noticing the mileage drop, I don't know if the problem was discovered then.
Wish me luck!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Honda and Acura