Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Honda and Acura
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-12-2008, 04:12 PM

21,116 posts, read 42,395,829 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by revelated View Post
You're correct, my apologies. Still loved that Legend, especially the last year model...95, was it? All I remember is it was a beautiful car.
The RL till 2004 was also an attractive car-------although, it should have been RWD due to both its size as well as the motor being longitudinally mounted.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-12-2008, 05:21 PM

2,636 posts, read 6,679,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brikag View Post
And it sports AWD! But the face!!!! Oh dear GOD!!!!! Put a bag over it. Now imagine putting that nose on the new NSX!!!

2009 Acura TL shows its face, AWD confirmed - Autoblog

Yuck! It looks like the bastardised love child of a Lexus and a Caddy that's melted slightly in the sun.

Old 07-12-2008, 05:57 PM
f_m

2,289 posts, read 8,403,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by revelated View Post
This model of car has been going downhill ever since Acura converted the vaunted Acura Legend into the TL.
From what I've seen the current TL is probably the best selling. Here is a quote for 2004 first year it came out:

"the Acura TL became America's best-selling luxury sedan in 2004"

American Honda Sets New All-Time Sales Record in 2004

Honda almost always posts actual numbers, so if one looks they could compile the sales figures. I see lots of TL's so they are fairly popular.

Old 07-12-2008, 06:00 PM
f_m

Quote:
Originally Posted by boycew02 View Post
Yuck! It looks like the bastardised love child of a Lexus and a Caddy that's melted slightly in the sun.
It does seem to have that strong Caddy nose, but I think it's better to judge in person than pictures. For some reason the Honda cars are different in person, at least to me. There are a lot of small details in the MDX that are not apparent in pictures, and the CRV looks better in person to me than in pictures.

I saw the new TSX on the road and it looks pretty nice, at least better than what I can see from the pictures. Thought I'm not that much a fan of the solid nose.

Old 07-15-2008, 06:00 PM

354 posts, read 2,083,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southernnaturelover View Post
OMG, the front of the new '09 Maxima is ugly too! Looks like they stole it from the Honda Ridgeline.
The front end of this car is nicer in person than the picture. I just look at and drove this car today. All I can say is a job well done. It looks so much better in person than the picture shown. I was impressed with the styling, steering and ride comfort. As I got up around 80 mph the steering got stiffer for better handling. The driver can choose to use the paddle shifters which is by the way 6 speed, manual auto shifter or just drive in auto. Although I didn't use either shifters in my test drive. The leather is upgraded from the previous models. No more of that hard plastic and micro fiber crap on the doors in these models.They're using the same materials as the Infinity models. I was able to take it through one mile of winding road which handles better than previous models. Because this car is wider it has less curb weight. 19'' wheels give it a nice factory look. Top speed is governed at 155 mph. I only got it up to 100 mph before riding someone azz. This car is almost to nice to be called a Maxima. The quality of leather used, roomier interior, latest technology, 290 hp will give any competitor a good run for the $. Loaded at $35300 without nav and rear monitors or 38300 with nav and rear monitors is not a bad price. Just 3k to 4k up from previous models. I can see a trade in the near future from my wife 05 Maxima.

Old 07-19-2008, 05:35 AM

2,336 posts, read 7,811,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drover View Post
As for the snout... yeah, it's like, "wait, I forgot -- is that the Autobot emblem or the Decepticon emblem? Because I don't want to be driving an evil car." I think I'd be looking to get an aftermarket grill put on.
That's the first thing I thought too! ("Wow, it looks like a Transformer...")

Old 07-20-2008, 06:38 AM

2,080 posts, read 6,974,325 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
The RL till 2004 was also an attractive car-------although, it should have been RWD due to both its size as well as the motor being longitudinally mounted.
I think all Acuras should go RWD! Give BMW, Audi, & M-B a run for their money!!!!!!

Old 07-20-2008, 08:06 AM

3,743 posts, read 13,771,070 times
Quote:
I think all Acuras should go RWD! Give BMW, Audi, & M-B a run for their money!!!!!!

AWD will help it be competitive, and that's what Acura needs, as real enthusiasts don't take Acura seriously as a sport sedan. Fwd just doesn't cut it.

Old 07-20-2008, 02:01 PM

2,926 posts, read 8,620,464 times
Quote:
And it sports AWD! But the face!!!! Oh dear GOD!!!!! Put a bag over it. Now imagine putting that nose on the new NSX!!!

2009 Acura TL shows its face, AWD confirmed - Autoblog
I love the new look and I've never liked Acura's before. I think now I do. I can see a similarity to Cadillacs, especially in the grill.

Old 07-20-2008, 04:41 PM
f_m

Quote:
Originally Posted by InLondon View Post
I love the new look and I've never liked Acura's before. I think now I do. I can see a similarity to Cadillacs, especially in the grill.
I saw the new TSX in person on the street and it's much better than I thought. I wouldn't buy that car though, too much for the "British Accord" since that is the Accord in Britain. Interestingly enough Canada has a Acura "Civic" with this style and paddle shifters. Their version of the Civic SI sedan I guess.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Honda and Acura