Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House > Home Interior Design and Decorating
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-06-2013, 09:24 PM

2 posts, read 5,144 times

Advertisements

I would love to know which are the best curtain companies in the US in terms of quality. Any ideas?

And my other question:
I am looking for some shiny silk curtain fabric, in one blog it was referred to as old Hollywood Glamour which decribes it quite well, any ideas where I could find some would be very much appreciated too. Preferably in the LA area, or could be in another state if it's an online store.

Thank you for your help
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-07-2013, 05:11 PM

50,556 posts, read 64,570,625 times
Well, I was not sure of your question. My go-to curtain company is Country Curtains in MA, but you seem to want silk drapes, so I would Google silk drapes.

Old 10-07-2013, 05:28 PM

11,180 posts, read 10,587,627 times
Restoration Hardware online carries a nice selection of silk drapes.

Old 10-08-2013, 01:07 AM

1,654 posts, read 7,365,618 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristianeJot View Post
I would love to know which are the best curtain companies in the US in terms of quality. Any ideas?

And my other question:
I am looking for some shiny silk curtain fabric, in one blog it was referred to as old Hollywood Glamour which decribes it quite well, any ideas where I could find some would be very much appreciated too. Preferably in the LA area, or could be in another state if it's an online store.

Thank you for your help
You're wanting something is custom made. With the number of great interior designers in LA you should have no issue finding someone that could make them.

Old 10-10-2013, 02:23 PM

30,585 posts, read 25,377,164 times
Country Curtains and Pottery Barn carry ready made silk drapes. Country Curtains might make some up custom. They do some custom work, according to their catalog.

CC does carry several sorts of silk and faux silk drapes. Country Curtains®: Curtains, Valances, Curtain Rods & Draperies

As to which companies are "best," I couldn't say. I have used both CC and Pottery Barn successfully.

Old 10-11-2013, 02:42 AM

5,035 posts, read 9,263,933 times
I've placed numerous custom orders with this company online. I've been very pleased with the quality and workmanship, as well as the prices.

Old 10-14-2013, 04:03 PM

2 posts, read 5,144 times
Thanks everyone for all the suggestions.

Some companies I didn't know, so that's great.

I am sure I will find the right fabric.

Old 10-15-2013, 04:33 AM

5,284 posts, read 20,110,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pennquaker09 View Post
You're wanting something is custom made. With the number of great interior designers in LA you should have no issue finding someone that could make them.
This would be my advice also. The best drapes for me are going to be the ones where I choose the fabric from my favorite interior-design fabric store and then have them made by a local professional. You get total quality control this way - you can choose your fabric in person, have lots of options for trim/lining, modify the design from the normal catalog look....truly have a custom design that you could never get on-line or from a catalog. You also don't have to wait for fabric samples or have to return things through the mail if the order isn't right. You do need to network, ask several people that you trust for referrals, find good fabric stores, etc. But once you have a good seamstress/designer and find a good local source for your fabric - you are set.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House > Home Interior Design and Decorating