Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House > Home Interior Design and Decorating
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-29-2012, 02:44 PM

1,395 posts, read 5,089,629 times

Advertisements

I placed the order for blinds Feb. 1, 2012. I wanted to order blinds for the whole house minus the kitchen, but I only ordered 2 for my master bedroom to start. I wanted to make sure I was happy with the product before committing to the entire house.

Well here it is February 29, 2012 and I think I might be finally happy with what I have received.

The blinds shipped February 8th. I received them February 11th. So 2 weeks after ordering them I received. The husband installed them with no issues. The only problem was that our windows aren't deep enough therefore the blinds stick out from the window and exposes the side of the hardware. I did a online chat with a CSR. I was told I needed side "returns" for my window & to call the 800. I did so and they ordered the returns.

A week or so later we received new valances and return pieces. So picture the valance being in 3 pieces. We originally received clips to attach the main valance, but we had no way to attach the "return" pieces. So I placed a call to the 800#. They apologized and said they would send out the clips for the side returns right away.

A week later we receive the clips only they are the wrong type of clip! I call the 800# again. 2 days later this time we receive the right hardware to attach the side return.

So I inquired with the CSR how to go about ordering blinds for the rest of my house because I don't want to go through this again. He suggested instead of ordering online I call and order over the phone because they can customize it to add the side returns to my original order. He says side returns can be confusing to put on their website.

So I am not sure where to go from here. I really want/need blinds for the rest of the house. Everyone has been friendly, but mistakes were obviously made. I am dismayed there was no "side return" option on the website and instructions for when these are needed.

I do believe the quality of the product is fine, but I really don't want to go through this hassle with the rest of the house. Also the blinds weren't cut to the same length. One is perfect. One looks like it was cut a little short. It covers the window fine. I'll post some pictures in a bit.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-29-2012, 04:41 PM

23,416 posts, read 37,051,329 times
And thus is the nature of dealing with an online company.
A good installer is worth their weight in gold.

Old 02-29-2012, 05:37 PM

At triple the price, no thanks! Seriously, cannot afford that. We did it once. $5k later... Never again!

Old 02-29-2012, 05:42 PM

23,416 posts, read 37,051,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KellyCrash View Post
At triple the price, no thanks! Seriously, cannot afford that. We did it once. $5k later... Never again!
I was speaking of just a professional installer, they dont charge anywhere near 5k for a house.
They will come measure, tell you all the pieces and parts you will need, ( they would have told you that the blinds were too deep for your window) come back and install.

Last edited by kshe95girl; 02-29-2012 at 05:52 PM..

Old 03-02-2012, 08:41 AM

1,277 posts, read 3,551,716 times
I would give them another chance -- order for another room with knowing what you want and see if it goes smoothly this time.

I've ordered from them several times now on projects -- and am going to be placing another order shortly. What I am most impressed with is one room had three sizes of windows (different widths/lengths) -- and they got all that right and it all looks 'uniform' -- you would never know the room had three sizes of windows! They got it all right the first time. w00t!

Old 03-02-2012, 12:17 PM

13,064 posts, read 18,168,969 times
I agree I would go with them again and do it all at once with the phone rep. At that time I would mention the incorrect length of the original blind and see if they will replace it for you.

Old 03-02-2012, 05:24 PM

I probably will order again. The blinds are decent quality so hopefully if I call & order over the phone and things will go smoother. I just wanted to post my experience for others.

Old 03-04-2012, 10:08 PM

Default pictures

In this picture you can see the warning label on the bottom of the end piece.

A picture of the side return for inside mount blinds that don't fit flush within the window.

Finally a picture of the 2nd window and notice the bottom is sitting on the sill and no warning label is exposed.

Both windows are exactly the same size and the same measurements were provided for both.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House > Home Interior Design and Decorating