Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House > Home Interior Design and Decorating
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-08-2011, 08:29 AM

178 posts, read 444,241 times

Advertisements

I've got daisy yellow walls and dark blue trim in my bedroom...embarrassingly left over from my Star/Moon decorating era 10 years ago. The stars and moons are gone, but just haven't had the inspiration or inclination to change the wall paint until now. I've got loads of color combinations in my head if I were to change the navy trim to a lighter color, but my time is limited - what would go nicely on a wall that matches with dark blue trim - other than cream and white? I thought about pale grey or silver, but I think that may be too cool.

I have wood floors, lots of windows, and the trim is at the ceiling and the floor. And it's a small room. Just so you get a visual.
Quick reply to this message

Old 03-08-2011, 08:39 AM

30,506 posts, read 16,206,257 times
pale peach?or apricot-some kind of pale orange?

Old 03-08-2011, 10:13 AM

18,468 posts, read 31,624,300 times
I would paint the trim the same color as the walls.
I like it to blend in. I just hate the look of everything in the room outlined in white.

Old 03-08-2011, 11:06 AM

PAhippo - Pale orange could work - would the navy trim be too much for a deep orange - something Moroccan? I see deep orange and red, but not so sure about navy.

Nightcrawler - I'm trying to avoid repainting my trim work right now at all. It's currently navy, and there's so much trim - around big windows, double closets, the door, plus trimmed at ceiling and floor. I forsee a couple of coats, and then maybe more touchup trying to cover all that blue!

Old 03-08-2011, 01:06 PM

14,862 posts, read 42,864,372 times
Leave the walls yellow and paint the trim white. It would be a totally different look. I know you said you have a lot of trim but painting around it for the walls you are still going to be doing a lot of cut-in work.

Old 03-09-2011, 09:44 AM

18,468 posts, read 31,624,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bkjonesborough View Post
PAhippo - Pale orange could work - would the navy trim be too much for a deep orange - something Moroccan? I see deep orange and red, but not so sure about navy.

Nightcrawler - I'm trying to avoid repainting my trim work right now at all. It's currently navy, and there's so much trim - around big windows, double closets, the door, plus trimmed at ceiling and floor. I forsee a couple of coats, and then maybe more touchup trying to cover all that blue!

Oh, Ok, sorry, I got ya........I must have of let my ADD really kick in...

oops.....

so you want to leave that (blue) but paint a matching color.....eek, I really suffered in that translation...

Old 03-09-2011, 11:08 AM

30,506 posts, read 16,206,257 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bkjonesborough View Post

maybe a deep sort of almost rust/marroon (Moroccan colors are not easily described but I do like their color schemes). If you go that route, I think the color combo I'm imagining also includes some beige/off white. Not a lot but some.

Old 03-12-2011, 08:27 AM

That's ok, Nightcrawler!

PAHippo,I'm going to look in to that deep rusty look and see if I can get it to work without looking 'primitive'. Like that maroon/hunter green/navy combo.

Old 03-13-2011, 11:58 PM

11,011 posts, read 11,020,453 times
Well, remember that dark blue is going to absorb light so you might want to consider something that will reflect light or you could end up with a room that reads quite dark and smaller.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House > Home Interior Design and Decorating