Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House > Home Interior Design and Decorating
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-15-2010, 03:31 PM

892 posts, read 3,177,197 times

Advertisements

Have honeycombs on the front of the house but would like energy efficient shades on the backside. Anyone recommend an online site for such? Many thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-22-2010, 09:14 PM

5,508 posts, read 5,281,377 times
I was going to get cellular honeycomb blinds, but I started doing internet research on a Sunday, and by Monday the prices on every single site had almost doubled.

Did they increase the prices for the winter? Will they be more affordable again or did I just double my costs by not looking a week earlier?

Old 12-22-2010, 09:55 PM

13,257 posts, read 23,086,235 times
No reason why they would do that. Clear your cache and cookies and try again tomorrow and see what happens. And then get a quote from a bricks and mortar Lowe's or Home Depot and see what they say (Penney's pricing system seems designed to rip you off despite alleged 'big savings').

We actually got better customer service at Home Depot than at the specialty window covering shops we talked to. Sales clerk actually seemed interested in selling us some shades (the specialty shops weren't really interested in you if you didn't want to buy expensive custom drapes) and knew her multiple product lines inside and out, as well as knowing the rough schedule of upcoming promotions and how to work our order so we qualified for the 20% off contractor discount with Levelor.

Old 12-23-2010, 08:16 AM

892 posts, read 3,177,197 times
I ordered samples from select blinds, blinds dot com and country curtains. Only one has arrived thus far...Really want something different in the back of the house.

Old 02-14-2013, 05:17 AM

14 posts, read 47,523 times
Its awesome i also use Thermal Window Coverings

Old 02-14-2013, 04:41 PM

44 posts, read 240,003 times
One of the best energy efficient treatments on the market are cellular shades. Air gets trapped in the cells as it tranferrs throught the glass window. You have single, double and triple cell shades, with triple cell being the best. Here is an article that talks about energy efficient shades>>>>energy efficient shades
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House > Home Interior Design and Decorating