Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Hockey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-31-2010, 09:14 PM
FBJ

39,605 posts, read 59,037,300 times

Advertisements

I think Blackhawks fans know that they can't say anything until the series is over. Being up 2-0 is good but they need two more and it's far too early to write off the Flyers.

I will say that it's obvious the Blackhawks are much better than Montreal.

2 down, 2 more to go

Old 05-31-2010, 11:17 PM

14,186 posts, read 22,759,909 times
This series is far from over. Each game so far has been decided by one goal, and the series heads to Philadelphia now. If the Flyers get a break or two, they can tie this series back up. Besides, Detroit won the first two games of the Stanley Cup Finals last season and still lost.

Old 06-01-2010, 04:48 AM
FBJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gnutella View Post
This series is far from over. Each game so far has been decided by one goal, and the series heads to Philadelphia now. If the Flyers get a break or two, they can tie this series back up. Besides, Detroit won the first two games of the Stanley Cup Finals last season and still lost.

2-0 lead in a Hockey playoff series means nothing

Old 06-01-2010, 07:39 AM

5,289 posts, read 7,492,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
2-0 lead in a Hockey playoff series means nothing
Sure, anyone can win, but I bet Philly and their fans would not mind being up 2-0 instead of down 0-2.

I give a lot of credit to philly for rattling Kaners, or at least it seems that way, he has been pretty bad so far this series. While Toews isn't lighting up the scoresheet either, he does not look nearly as bad as #88 has.

Old 06-01-2010, 09:16 AM

17,029 posts, read 30,935,082 times
Good game last night, teams were pounding each other.

Old 06-01-2010, 09:53 AM

1,619 posts, read 2,735,216 times
can we have neither win it :P

Old 06-01-2010, 12:34 PM

2,301 posts, read 2,034,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
We in Philly need another championship.
This is not specifically on point but I'm a big hockey fan. I'd love to see the Stanley Cup Finals. Unfortunately the TV network Versus has TV rights to the weekday games. This is really a shame. I've heard that less than 10% of the country's TVs can get Versus. Consequently a relatively few people will get to see half the games, and the NHL will continue to lag behind other sports in popularity and viewer numbers.

The day might eventually come when the NHL brass thinks big picture and sells the TV rights for less money but to a bigger network, with a bigger viewership (including me). A short-term loss for a long-term gain. Of course I'm assuming that NBC or ESPN have at least some desire to boradcast all seven games.

Old 06-01-2010, 05:11 PM
FBJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by GalileoSmith View Post
This is not specifically on point but I'm a big hockey fan. I'd love to see the Stanley Cup Finals. Unfortunately the TV network Versus has TV rights to the weekday games. This is really a shame. I've heard that less than 10% of the country's TVs can get Versus. Consequently a relatively few people will get to see half the games, and the NHL will continue to lag behind other sports in popularity and viewer numbers.

The day might eventually come when the NHL brass thinks big picture and sells the TV rights for less money but to a bigger network, with a bigger viewership (including me). A short-term loss for a long-term gain. Of course I'm assuming that NBC or ESPN have at least some desire to boradcast all seven games.

Why the hell does philly need another championship when they just won one years ago? What the hell are you talking about?

Old 06-01-2010, 07:18 PM

2,510 posts, read 3,978,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GalileoSmith View Post

The games used to be on ESPN and local networks but shrewd Gary Bettman signed a contract with VS with little viewship. Just another example of poor negotiating.

Old 06-01-2010, 07:18 PM

660 posts, read 1,654,414 times
The Philadelphia Flyers haven't won the Stanley Cup since 1975.

But I think the poster meant they need another "championship"...meaning in addition to the World Series.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Hockey