Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Hockey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-27-2010, 06:11 PM

660 posts, read 1,657,385 times

Advertisements

Wow...not only are you really bad at making lame jokes, but you are too thick to grasp the irony of me comparing you to the OP of this thread!

I can't believe I have to explain it to you, but here goes....

You actually called me out on posting too much. Are you serious? You are either the pot or the kettle...or put more precisely...a hypocrite considering you post her way more than I do.

The OP was supremely confident that his team was going to beat the Habs. He was counting his chickens before they hatched. History is chock full of people making that mistake. You obviously didn't learn from his mistake and said the Flyers were going to win. That's just plain dumb.

So the Flyers knew they were getting a "playoff performer"???? On what grounds? It's not as if he has that reputation...ever. Also, he's not been a "playoff performer" in any of the prior playoffs after signing that huge lifetime contract. In fact...he barely showed up!

Funny.....in your previous post you said that the Flyers has no cap issues...now you admit that they are near the top. You also seem to never have heard of "free agency". I think you ought to look at the player's contracts before you make even more of a fool of yourself.

Your last sentence is not even worthy of a reply due to sheer idiocy.

Old 05-27-2010, 07:48 PM

2,510 posts, read 3,985,679 times
[quote=JRTurner;14368399] The OP was supremely confident that his team was going to beat the Habs. He was counting his chickens before they hatched. History is chock full of people making that mistake. You obviously didn't learn from his mistake and said the Flyers were going to win. That's just plain dumb. Please check back over my posts.....I never made any such statements or predictions......I only said playoff stats show an edge to the Flyers ? Please don't twist what I say.
So the Flyers knew they were getting a "playoff performer"???? On what grounds? It's not as if he has that reputation...ever. Also, he's not been a "playoff performer" in any of the prior playoffs after signing that huge lifetime contract. In fact...he barely showed up!
Well.....the Flyers don't feel that way and neither did any of the other numerous teams that lined up to sign him, including Montreal.
Funny.....in your previous post you said that the Flyers has no cap issues...now you admit that they are near the top. You also seem to never have heard of "free agency". I think you ought to look at the player's contracts before you make even more of a fool of yourself.
I did say at present the Flyers have no cap issues. Thats based upon the fact that they don't have a lot of UFAs to sign that would put them over the cap and not allow them to keep this team together. If they bring talent up from the farm team they are paid the league minimum and can fit in under the cap too. In a salary cap age winning teams can rarely keep their team intact for long periods but because of savy management this team with be intact for many more seasons unlike Pittsburgh who is already planning on losing Gonchar......their power play quarterback. The long term contracts you don't understand the Flyers giving are front loaded and actually cost less as the contract runs it course.

Old 05-28-2010, 08:15 AM

660 posts, read 1,657,385 times
Quote:
Please check back over my posts.....I never made any such statements or predictions......I only said playoff stats show an edge to the Flyers ? Please don't twist what I say.
I QUOTED your exact words when I said that...sheesh are you thick! Here are your exact words again:

Quote:
Philadelphia is going to remove that status that shortly
That certainly seems to be a prediction with supreme confidence just like the OP was supremely confident that the Caps would beat the Habs. Get it YET!?

Quote:
Well.....the Flyers don't feel that way and neither did any of the other numerous teams that lined up to sign him, including Montreal.
Ummmm....ONE team wanted him and that was because he is a decent player (not great) and he's French-Canadian. You have no proof anyone wanted him because he's a "proven playoff performer". The fact is that he has never been known as that. Montreal also balked at taking him because they weren't about to pay him a TON of money for many years like the Flyers did (stupidly).
His fantastic playoff stats from last season:

6 games / 1 goal / 3 assists / 4 points / -1

Wow!...that's worth his huge contract? That also isn't the type of numbers you have and be called a proven playoff performer.

The FACT is that the Flyers are in about the same situation as the Penguins....near the cap (like every other team) and they have a few free agents.

Pittsburgh could afford Gonchar and still be within the cap. The main obstacle with Gonchar is his age (which is showing on the ice too). He would obviously like a longer term than the Penguins are willing to take a chance on. The Pens have also been grooming two Dmen for 2 seasons now who will take that role. The Pens will keep Gonchar if he will agree to a shorter term.....the rest of the UFA and RFA players aren't people they are worried about losing anyhow. I say let Gonchar go....his age is slowing him down on defense and there are two other Dmen that can quarterback the PP.

Bottom line....the Flyers and Pens are positioned about equally for the long and short term.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Hockey