Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Hockey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-23-2010, 06:02 PM

1 posts, read 507 times

Advertisements

Typical Eastern Canadians/Hab Fans - arrogant behind a keyboard, need to riot to take out their frustrations with shortcomings in another anatomical area.

Glad we don't have any francophony froot loops in Edmonton.

Old 05-23-2010, 06:48 PM

2,510 posts, read 3,985,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JRTurner View Post
BTW....can you prove what you JUST SAID about "his post season playoff flop Penguins" whining? I'd love to read some quotes of ANY Penguin whining (with links of course). I haven't even met or read a single Pens fan whining about it. We leave whining about league conspiracies, biased reffing, injuries, and disallowed goals to fans of places like Philadelphia, Washington, and Detroit.
First.....all one has to do is watch any Penguin game and you'll see Crosby chasing the refs around the rink to complain about something.....the game announcers even call attention to it and show it on camera. Perhaps your local Penguin paid broadcast announcers don't point it out but it happens every game....how do you think a guy like Crosby earns a NATIONAL reputation as a world class whiner ? Finally.....I'm not sure how many times Philly goals have been disallowed in these playoffs when even the NATIONAL announcers have called it a misjustice but all the Flyers do is go back out and score another one to move on. Is Crosby a great talent ....sure......but hes a WHINER and hes certainly no Mario. There was a guy who lead his team without all the theatrics and whining. Crosby could learn a little from Mario about how a team leader should conduct himself on ice.

Old 05-24-2010, 07:46 AM

660 posts, read 1,657,385 times
Dude...you've typed a lot of stuff, but basically said nothing of any substance. Much of what you did say was incorrect and I proved that. The rest was just a typical Flyer fan wanting to rag on the Penguins.

I see most of their games on Versus or NHL Network...not with any homer announcers. I'll bet I see the same feed you do. I don't see Crosby doing what you are describing.

As I said....Captains are SUPPOSED to talk to the Refs. Richards does it. Carcillo comes close to being ejected at times whining and arguing over some blatant call against him. If you want to talk about a wuss, that's Hartnell....what kind of "man" BITES another player?

Hartnell...LOL:

Crosby is extremely well respected in his locker room. Other Pens always talk about his leadership. Crosby has been chosen #1 by other NHL players as the guy they'd most want to be on their team. So YOU can whine over Crosby, but PLAYERS don't seem to share that view.

You obviously aren't old enough to recall when Gretzky was new in the NHL. People wanted to label him as a whiner too. That's one weird thing about hockey...people always want to run-down the superstars instead of appreciating them. Oh, and for your information, Mario WAS called a prima dona and ridiculed for complaining that he was being interfered with so much.

When you are a superstar, every team you face keys on you, plays you man-on-man, or shadows you. They do ANYTHING to try and stop you. Those superstars probably have a valid point in that they are interfered with much more than most.

Yeah...he's no Mario or Gretzky (yet):

With stats like that and all the other trophies.....who really gives a rat's behind what delusional Flyer fans think?

Old 05-24-2010, 05:54 PM

Quote:
Dude...you've typed a lot of stuff, but basically said nothing of any substance. Much of what you did say was incorrect and I proved that. The rest was just a typical Flyer fan wanting to rag on the Penguins.

I see most of their games on Versus or NHL Network...not with any homer announcers. I'll bet I see the same feed you do. I don't see Crosby doing what you are describing.

As I said....Captains are SUPPOSED to talk to the Refs. Richards does it. Carcillo comes close to being ejected at times whining and arguing over some blatant call against him. If you want to talk about a wuss, that's Hartnell....what kind of "man" BITES another player?

Hartnell...LOL:

Crosby is extremely well respected in his locker room. Other Pens always talk about his leadership. Crosby has been chosen #1 by other NHL players as the guy they'd most want to be on their team. So YOU can whine over Crosby, but PLAYERS don't seem to share that view.

You obviously aren't old enough to recall when Gretzky was new in the NHL. People wanted to label him as a whiner too. That's one weird thing about hockey...people always want to run-down the superstars instead of appreciating them. Oh, and for your information, Mario WAS called a prima dona and ridiculed for complaining that he was being interfered with so much.

When you are a superstar, every team you face keys on you, plays you man-on-man, or shadows you. They do ANYTHING to try and stop you. Those superstars probably have a valid point in that they are interfered with much more than most.

Yeah...he's no Mario or Gretzky (yet):

With stats like that and all the other trophies.....who really gives a rat's behind what delusional Flyer fans think?
What kind of "stats" do you think Crosby put up on the golf course today ?

Old 05-24-2010, 08:13 PM

Pretty cocky for a fan of a team that has YET to win anything.

Even IF (a BIG if) they should win the Cup, it's irrelevant to the topic of Crosby which you haven't been able to stay on topic about.

I guess by your ignorant and typical Philadelphia style replies that you surrender to the fact that NOTHING you said about Crosby could be defended at all.

You're dismissed now.....

Old 05-24-2010, 08:39 PM

Quote:
Pretty cocky for a fan of a team that has YET to win anything.

Even IF (a BIG if) they should win the Cup, it's irrelevant to the topic of Crosby which you haven't been able to stay on topic about.
Is there any truth to the rumor that Crosby whined and complained to the golf course green master today that a gopher tripped him on the 14th hole ?

Old 05-27-2010, 08:12 AM

Looks like those folks that left messages on your profile were pretty accurate.

You're really not the sharpest knife in the drawer are you? What's really sad is that you don't even live in PA and don't root for your own State's team. Pathetic.

I at least can take pride in the fact that PA teams have been in the SCF now three years straight. You don't even realize that I wanted Philly to win for 2 reasons: A Habs win would be bad for the game in that everyone would want to revert back to that pre-lockout style and because I am a Pennsylvanian.

I haven't debated at all about WHO ought to win though...I only proved you wrong on just about every single point you attempted to make about Crosby. I actually figured I was dealing with a 14 year old by the way you act. Hard to believe you're actually an adult.

Crosby is STILL the Stanley Cup Champion until someone else wins it.

I don't think he can read your diarrhea of the mouth because he's blinded by that Stanley Cup Championship ring and other trophies he's got (which your Flyers can only still dream of having).

Old 05-27-2010, 10:16 AM

Quote:
Looks like those folks that left messages on your profile were pretty accurate.

You're really not the sharpest knife in the drawer are you? What's really sad is that you don't even live in PA and don't root for your own State's team. Pathetic.

I at least can take pride in the fact that PA teams have been in the SCF now three years straight. You don't even realize that I wanted Philly to win for 2 reasons: A Habs win would be bad for the game in that everyone would want to revert back to that pre-lockout style and because I am a Pennsylvanian.

I haven't debated at all about WHO ought to win though...I only proved you wrong on just about every single point you attempted to make about Crosby. I actually figured I was dealing with a 14 year old by the way you act. Hard to believe you're actually an adult.

Crosby is STILL the Stanley Cup Champion until someone else wins it.

I don't think he can read your diarrhea of the mouth because he's blinded by that Stanley Cup Championship ring and other trophies he's got (which your Flyers can only still dream of having).

Whats really hard to believe that any working adult can find as much time to post all the defensive nonsense on CD that you do. While your correct that Crosby is still currently the Stanley Cup Champion Philadelphia is going to remove that status that shortly. Additionally, should you be thinking that theres always next year for Pittsburgh......I wouldn't.....Pittsburgh is going to lose key players due to the salary cap while Philadelphia with its young core will be financially able to compete with its current roster for years to come. Hope you enjoyed the Cup while it was there because its not coming back in the near future.

Old 05-27-2010, 11:02 AM

Yeah....all of 8 or so posts I've made in the span of over a week! WOW!!!! By the way.....is your name Pot or Kettle?

Quote:
Philadelphia is going to remove that status that shortly
LOL....I guess you learned NOTHING from the OP of this thread huh?

PS: The Flyers have cap and free agent issues too buddy! And signing Briere for almost a lifetime certainly hasn't panned-out as they hoped, but you're stuck overpaying him.

Old 05-27-2010, 01:44 PM

Quote:
Yeah....all of 8 or so posts I've made in the span of over a week! WOW!!!! By the way.....is your name Pot or Kettle?
My name is actually Mike.......but you can call me "Sir".

LOL....I guess you learned NOTHING from the OP of this thread huh?
The OP of this thread was a Caps fan whos team has long been eliminated ?

PS: The Flyers have cap and free agent issues too buddy! And signing Briere for almost a lifetime certainly hasn't panned-out as they hoped, but you're stuck overpaying him.
Actually the Flyers are thrilled with Briere.....they knew they were getting a "playoff performer" when they signed him and hes done exactly that contributing timely key power play and even strength goals. While the Flyers are near the top of their salary cap everyone fits in under the cap for years to come and any players brought up from the farm club are paid the minimum so if needed they will fit in too.
Don't you ever get tired of being wrong ?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Hockey