Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Hockey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-26-2013, 07:29 PM

8,276 posts, read 11,932,795 times

Advertisements

Disclaimer: I'm not a Bruin fan, although in live in greater Boston...

The growing consensus around here after Game 3 : The Bruins are going to win the Cup.

This was after a shutout win over the Hawks, when Chicago looked thoroughly confused and discouraged. I was certainly leaning that way, especially with the Hawks' passive play, and the Bs tendency to hit everything and anything that came with 10 feet of Tuuka Rask. The Bruins are a big, physical team, and quite willing to start a bench-clearing brawl if it serves their purpose. In contrast, the Blackhawks are , well...not physical...AT ALL. It certainly didn't look good for Chicago after Game 3...

But Quenville made his line changes, the Hawks started to use their speed...and the series changed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-27-2013, 09:03 PM

162 posts, read 177,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MassVt View Post
Disclaimer: I'm not a Bruin fan, although in live in greater Boston...

The growing consensus around here after Game 3 : The Bruins are going to win the Cup.

This was after a shutout win over the Hawks, when Chicago looked thoroughly confused and discouraged. I was certainly leaning that way, especially with the Hawks' passive play, and the Bs tendency to hit everything and anything that came with 10 feet of Tuuka Rask. The Bruins are a big, physical team, and quite willing to start a bench-clearing brawl if it serves their purpose. In contrast, the Blackhawks are , well...not physical...AT ALL. It certainly didn't look good for Chicago after Game 3...

But Quenville made his line changes, the Hawks started to use their speed...and the series changed.
so are bruins fans making excuses like they did when the patriots lost their last two superbowls? there are a few new englanders where i work and they could not give ny credit for their wins. Boston fans really hold grudges.......Yankees, giants, Knicks , lakers etc. though one guy at least was able to admit that the bruins looked like they just gave up in those last few minutes.

Old 06-28-2013, 07:36 AM

3,755 posts, read 4,807,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by R.P. McMurphy View Post
so are bruins fans making excuses like they did when the patriots lost their last two superbowls? there are a few new englanders where i work and they could not give ny credit for their wins. Boston fans really hold grudges.......Yankees, giants, Knicks , lakers etc. though one guy at least was able to admit that the bruins looked like they just gave up in those last few minutes.
First off, you obviously have not talked to a lot of people from New England. I, and many people I know gave the Giants credit for winning both Super Bowls. They simply made more plays than the Patriots did and executed better. As far as the Knicks go, they've never been a threat to the Celtics and the basketball rivalry between Boston and NY has never been that big.

On another note, I opened up the Boston Globe this morning and saw this nice ad placed by the Chicago Blackhawks organization. A nice, classy move. Toronto could sure learn a thing or two from the people out in Chicago (re: the Toronto Sun).

Old 06-28-2013, 08:01 AM

24,509 posts, read 24,216,845 times
I was just going to post that, Tam! Class act.

Old 06-28-2013, 11:52 AM

709 posts, read 956,262 times
Nice!

Old 06-29-2013, 10:12 AM

3,175 posts, read 3,658,428 times
I think everybody in Chicago felt very bad for the Bruins and their fans, so proud of Rocky for this. He is such a nice guy and happy he expressed our feelings so well. You get caught up sometimes but deep down always feel the hurt of the loser and their fans.

Old 06-29-2013, 01:53 PM

162 posts, read 177,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAM88 View Post
First off, you obviously have not talked to a lot of people from New England. I, and many people I know gave the Giants credit for winning both Super Bowls. They simply made more plays than the Patriots did and executed better. As far as the Knicks go, they've never been a threat to the Celtics and the basketball rivalry between Boston and NY has never been that big.

On another note, I opened up the Boston Globe this morning and saw this nice ad placed by the Chicago Blackhawks organization. A nice, classy move. Toronto could sure learn a thing or two from the people out in Chicago (re: the Toronto Sun).
That's why I asked the question, no need to get your panties in a bunch.

Old 07-01-2013, 11:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by R.P. McMurphy View Post
That's why I asked the question, no need to get your panties in a bunch.
Rotten that Bolland is gone after hitting the goal to win the cup, just depressing. I feel bad for him.

Old 07-01-2013, 11:17 AM

38,707 posts, read 103,258,652 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mag32gie View Post
Rotten that Bolland is gone after hitting the goal to win the cup, just depressing. I feel bad for him.
It's not like he's being punished or something, and I can't feel bad for someone who was on a team that won two Stanley Cups and was dealt to a team that's a Cup contender itself. Trading Bolland cleared enough salary to allow them to re-sign Bickell. It's strategy/business, not "rotten."

Old 07-01-2013, 12:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drover View Post
It's not like he's being punished or something, and I can't feel bad for someone who was on a team that won two Stanley Cups and was dealt to a team that's a Cup contender itself. Trading Bolland cleared enough salary to allow them to re-sign Bickell. It's strategy/business, not "rotten."
I'm sure it's rotten for him, he wanted to stay here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Hockey