Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Hockey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-15-2010, 08:59 PM

2,510 posts, read 3,975,192 times

Advertisements

A 3-1 win over a tired squad that played 3 games in 4 nights and spent most of the prior night stranded on a train without power due to the storm. Before you celebrate too much look back over the recent Ranger losses to the Flyers including the 6-0 drubbing not too long ago. No team has gathered more points since Christmas than the Flyers.....when the Flyers are in the playoffs in May the Rangers will again be playing on the golf course wondering why yet another season has ended in failure for a team laiden with overpaid "talent". Maybe they should trade for another washed up enforcer ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-28-2010, 12:30 AM

436 posts, read 954,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyersFan View Post
A 3-1 win over a tired squad that played 3 games in 4 nights and spent most of the prior night stranded on a train without power due to the storm. Before you celebrate too much look back over the recent Ranger losses to the Flyers including the 6-0 drubbing not too long ago. No team has gathered more points since Christmas than the Flyers.....when the Flyers are in the playoffs in May the Rangers will again be playing on the golf course wondering why yet another season has ended in failure for a team laiden with overpaid "talent". Maybe they should trade for another washed up enforcer ?

Things aren't looking so hot right now for the Flyers. I can easily see them choking the final two games to the Rangers and missing the playoffs all together. Not that there is anything wrong with it.

The Flyers are, like the Rangers, an overpaid, overrated group of bums. Period.

Old 03-30-2010, 05:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyerNation View Post
Things aren't looking so hot right now for the Flyers. I can easily see them choking the final two games to the Rangers and missing the playoffs all together. Not that there is anything wrong with it.

The Flyers are, like the Rangers, an overpaid, overrated group of bums. Period.

Agreed...some are overpaid but then some are underpaid.....welcome to the world of the salary cap. If it were me I'd toss the cap out the window and let the teams compete for players.....if you don't have the funds to operate a team then you shouldn't have one.....the big mistate was letting all the small market teams in that have little or no revenue sources and then preventing the high revenue teams from spending to put the beat product on ice possible. The Flyers are in a bad position right now.....First and second string goalies down.....Carter out with a broken foot and absolutely no way to replace these players for the playoffs.

Old 04-03-2010, 10:22 PM

1,654 posts, read 5,853,567 times
NY's really making thing's interesting with this 3 game winning streak, interested to see if the Flyer's either collapse or gain some ground.

Old 04-04-2010, 01:22 AM

436 posts, read 954,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThroatGuzzler View Post
NY's really making thing's interesting with this 3 game winning streak, interested to see if the Flyer's either collapse or gain some ground.
I predict that the Flyers will get ousted by the Skirts for that 8th spot.

The Flyers will be lucky to get one point in those last games against them. They are that soft and pathetic.

Old 04-08-2010, 12:09 PM

5,938 posts, read 4,696,978 times
I'd like to see the rangers win the first game in OT. In the second game, let it be a tie game nera the end of regulation so we can see the rangers pull the goalie in with 90-120 seconds left.

My real prediction: Rangers win the first game, lose the second in OT. Every time I get my hopes up with them, they crash and burn.

Old 04-09-2010, 10:03 PM

1,654 posts, read 5,853,567 times
Sunday might be the game of the year, Philly has to bring it!

Btw, if Montreal loses tomorrow, and Philly loses to NY in OT/SO... both NY and Philly make the playoffs. Same case of Boston loses their next 2 games.

Old 04-11-2010, 04:06 PM

7,924 posts, read 9,147,374 times
Chokinin? Chokinin? What are you kidding me? This guy Jokinnin is always a loser. He killed us Isles fans for years. Why would you leave a 40 goal scorer (Gaborik) on the bench for the shootout?

Terrible job Torts.

Old 04-12-2010, 09:38 AM

5,938 posts, read 4,696,978 times
For some reason, Gaborik does very poorly in the shootout.

I'm sad I missed the game. I live in SC and only the NHLNetwork carried the game. To get that station, it was $15/mo or something. Ridiculous.

The only thing that could have made that game more exciting... no shootout. Keep going in OT playoff style. Unfortunately, the Rangers got beat by their ineptness at the shootout. They were poor all year in that respect.

However, keep in mind that if there were NO shootout, the Rangers would have still missed the playoffs since Philly owned the tiebreakers. Sad end to a decent push to the playoffs in the last three weeks.

Old 04-12-2010, 03:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fopt65 View Post
Chokinin? Chokinin? What are you kidding me? This guy Jokinnin is always a loser. He killed us Isles fans for years. Why would you leave a 40 goal scorer (Gaborik) on the bench for the shootout?

Terrible job Torts.
Gaborik, despite scoring goals in regulation, is only 2 for 18 when in a shoot out !!! Your coach sat him on the bench because he stinks in shoot outs !!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Hockey