Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Hockey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-18-2008, 07:10 AM

3,352 posts, read 6,667,443 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canes2006Champs View Post
Capitals are in trouble, I honestly thought they would handle this series with ease but Philadelphia is playing great.
Their playoff inexperience is really showing. They don't even look close to the same team that played with so much fire at the end of the regular season. Kudos to Philly, too, for pretty much shutting down Ovie.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-18-2008, 07:30 AM

2,370 posts, read 7,765,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JackedInPrinceton View Post
So did everyone else... but I have no idea why. I knew my team would have a really good chance at this series ( Its not over yet of course )... The Flyers came into the playoffs on a roll as well, they had more experience, deeper at the forward position, etc. Washington was on fire but the division was weak this year with the Canes having an off year and injury probs... I knew the Flyers best chance at winning a playoff series would come against Washington. Now, if they can just finish it off! If they do, they will most likely play Montreal next round and man will that be a tough test for them.

It's all experience related. The caps have had trouble breaking out with weak passes and the like. It's like they've all regressed to adult league ping pong hockey...

Old 04-18-2008, 09:54 AM

5,412 posts, read 15,931,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by YoAdrian View Post
The experts never know what they're talking about. I've followed the Wings long enough to know that they always slump in the playoffs. I still think they'll win this series, but it may very well go to game 7.
I agree that the "experts" BS a lot. Just like stock market "experts". I wish I could get paid to qualify as an "expert" by giving my opinion. Instead, I do it for free here. Yes, the RW should be able to rebound and win the series. But the pressure will be on them. I bet all the other playoff teams are pulling for Nashville.

Old 04-18-2008, 02:08 PM

20,004 posts, read 77,429,608 times
Congrats, Avs! WOOT!!!!

Did anyone see Huet's stickless save last night? THATS the Huet I know right there.

Congrats to Philly, too. Must have been a GREAT game to be at.

And dang you, Boston! You guys suck! Sincerely, the Habs.

Old 04-18-2008, 02:32 PM

18,039 posts, read 27,497,200 times
I heard some of the Avs game on the radio on my way home and I hate the way Mike Haynes will give ya everthin' but da dang score! Found out it was tied up after 1.

Didn't get to watch but the final 5 minutes when they had a 3-1 lead. I was fired up. Wished they'd have made one on the empty net! That killer instinct looks like it's comin back!

Go Avs.

Old 04-18-2008, 09:02 PM

387 posts, read 1,430,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormcrow73 View Post
It's all experience related. The caps have had trouble breaking out with weak passes and the like. It's like they've all regressed to adult league ping pong hockey...
I understand the Caps are not playing well... but lets give the Flyers some credit. The reason they arent playing that well is because the Flyers are shutting them down. Kimmo Timonen is all over Ovechkin, not giving him any room to breathe. They are getting solid goaltending from Biron, scoring from multiple forwards, Danny Briere is on fire... 5 goals in 4 games leads all playoff goal scorers, etc. Tomorrow night will be the toughest game of the series for the Fly guys with Washington in desperation mode.

Old 04-18-2008, 09:27 PM

718 posts, read 2,362,344 times
Gotta give a shout out to Dan Ellis for his goaltending effort against the Wings tonight! We lost it, but Ellis showed what he is truly made of in an outstanding game!

Old 04-19-2008, 09:33 AM

334 posts, read 1,372,326 times
Ozzie Ozzie!

Old 04-19-2008, 09:37 PM

8,805 posts, read 10,255,341 times
Not surprised to see Washington a winner tonight. Boston won tonight, that did sorta surprise me

Old 04-20-2008, 08:09 AM

1,079 posts, read 2,652,144 times
The Bruins forces a game 7 in Montreal!!! Holy @#!%!!!
There is no underestimating a team's will to win in this sport.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Hockey