Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Hockey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-16-2014, 07:27 AM

529 posts, read 1,010,131 times

Advertisements

Been watching Oshie since the Blues brought him up and he is one of the most exciting players in the NHL. He's got the great hands that everyone saw yesterday plus he loves to hit. If you haven't already check out his highlights on youtube.

USA is rolling over Slovenia right now, looking good.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-19-2014, 03:25 PM

2,860 posts, read 3,390,479 times
Took care of a fairly weak Czech today. In under 48 hours the rivalry will take place.

Canada peppered the Latvian today with 57 and only scored 2. If Quick plays his game we should win this game, but it's really a toss up. I'm saying US 3-2, in OT.

Old 02-21-2014, 12:19 PM

Well that was.......very uninspiring by our team. Completely pathetic offensive (pun appropriate!) performance by USA.

I hope they put an end to pros in the Olympics from this point on. This is a joke. Just seriously pissed off about this one.

Hope we lose the bronze medal game now because it was gold or bust, and it would mean more to a country and team like Finland anyway. And I hope the Swedes mash the Canadians into the ice and take gold.

Bleh. Just ticked right now.

Old 02-21-2014, 12:32 PM

33,567 posts, read 37,175,863 times
There is nothing like a sore loser is there? Sorry, but hockey is Canada's game.

Old 02-21-2014, 12:38 PM

6,406 posts, read 8,998,042 times
A real downer that one was. Had prepared for a poutine lunch but, alas, I can no longer stomach the thought.

Too bad. I wish I had more to go by but I had no success finding a reliable stream until the final 4 minutes of the game. The opening looked promising. A lot of shots and action. We have done quite well, overall, and a bronze medal against Finland would be no small accomplishment. We may have even overachieved a bit. THN predicted we'd finish 5th. The media hypes up the Olympics and I think a lot of people have unreal expectations.

Old 02-21-2014, 12:39 PM

2,869 posts, read 4,457,135 times
Isn't it funny how two people can watch the same game, and come away with a totally opposite opinion of it.?

I watched the same game that you did..... But I saw a very tight checking game, with many chances to score, for each team. Final score was NOT a blow out, it was a one goal game. A shutout for Canada.

As for professional players ....... Are you suggesting that the Super Bowl, the World Series, and the Stanley Cup should be restricted to amateur players, only ? I don't think you want to see that, do you ?

I'm sure you know that the Canadian women's team won Gold, yesterday, and now, on Sunday, our men's team will play for the Gold medal in hockey. For the Canadian women, that is four straight Olympic Gold medals. And as in 2010, we are looking for Gold in the men's hockey tournament, too.

If it's any consolation, Phil Kessel had a great tournament, and should continue his great season with the Leafs.

Jim B.

Toronto.

Old 02-21-2014, 12:45 PM

6,406 posts, read 8,998,042 times
I wouldn't be opposed to sending amateur hockey squads to the Olympics. It would be in the spirit of the games and would be beneficial to the NHL.

Old 02-21-2014, 01:13 PM

17,029 posts, read 30,947,528 times
I don't think the game was as close as the score indicated. Canada has played against defensive teams early on, so the scores were low. They did a good job bottling up the US and not allowing them any sustained pressure. I think the Canada Sweden game will be good...another low scoring affair but good. (Kind of like a 13-6 football game).

Old 02-21-2014, 03:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
There is nothing like a sore loser is there? Sorry, but hockey is Canada's game.
So what of it? It's our fourth "major" sport, and we're still top four in the world. We could send players from about three states (MN, NY, MI) and still be playing for gold every Olympics from now on. And we have arguably the two best goalies on the planet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadian citizen View Post
Isn't it funny how two people can watch the same game, and come away with a totally opposite opinion of it.?

I watched the same game that you did..... But I saw a very tight checking game, with many chances to score, for each team. Final score was NOT a blow out, it was a one goal game. A shutout for Canada.

As for professional players ....... Are you suggesting that the Super Bowl, the World Series, and the Stanley Cup should be restricted to amateur players, only ? I don't think you want to see that, do you ?
1. It was not nearly as close as the score indicated. I don't recall us getting one shot off within 10 feet of Price the last two periods. Shutdown defense by Canada was all they needed after they got 1.

2. How can you possibly compare those events to the Olympics? Do you understand why the Olympics was formed for in the first place? It's for the best amateurs in the world to compete. Remember '80 USA hockey and why that was so special? '94 Swedes?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oildog View Post
I don't think the game was as close as the score indicated. g
Exactly what I mean. Our offense was really not good. If not for Quick's outstanding performance it could/should have been 3-0 or so.

Old 02-21-2014, 05:06 PM

33,567 posts, read 37,175,863 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by canadian citizen View Post

I'm sure you know that the Canadian women's team won Gold, yesterday, and now, on Sunday, our men's team will play for the Gold medal in hockey. For the Canadian women, that is four straight Olympic Gold medals. And as in 2010, we are looking for Gold in the men's hockey tournament, too.

If it's any consolation, Phil Kessel had a great tournament, and should continue his great season with the Leafs.

Jim B.

Toronto.
I agree, both the men's and women's games could have been won by either team, but Canada had a bit more puck luck.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Hockey