Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Hockey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-17-2012, 10:21 AM

3,755 posts, read 4,813,458 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitt Chick View Post
I know of zero Pens fans who are in denial... they are all disappointed, embarrassed or both.
Sad times for sure....
What Crosby did in game 3 was an absolute joke and a sad display from the supposed face of the NHL. He continues to look like a baby out there and game 3 was a sad showing. Yes he has had concussions, but it would not surprise me at all if a Flyer player took a good shot at him. The stunts he pulled in game 3 should have taken away his protection.

I also enjoyed watching the Caps try and be physical with Boston and it backfired. Watching Alzner headlock Lucic from behind when he was engaged with anothe player was laughable and then watching him call Lucic a crybaby made it even more so.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-17-2012, 11:34 AM

9,531 posts, read 15,917,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAM88 View Post
What Crosby did in game 3 was an absolute joke and a sad display from the supposed face of the NHL. He continues to look like a baby out there and game 3 was a sad showing. Yes he has had concussions, but it would not surprise me at all if a Flyer player took a good shot at him. The stunts he pulled in game 3 should have taken away his protection.

I also enjoyed watching the Caps try and be physical with Boston and it backfired. Watching Alzner headlock Lucic from behind when he was engaged with anothe player was laughable and then watching him call Lucic a crybaby made it even more so.
Alzner said himself before the series started that the team has to match their physical intensity but in no way did he mean himself. He is doing his best out there, but he's not trying to be someone he's not. What the announcers were saying about Lucic was about right... they're poking the bear to get him off his game (off the ice - and it WORKED). And Marchand is such a little punk. What did backfire last night was Backstrom being in the box multiple times - he's smarter than that.

Old 04-17-2012, 08:01 PM

11,320 posts, read 11,082,043 times
What a filthy brutal hit by Phoenix' Torres on Hossa! Karma is a bit*h! I think this game may get real ugly before it's over! Hossa's absence could determine this series.

Old 04-17-2012, 09:23 PM

42,004 posts, read 75,373,190 times
Seven suspensions in the first week of the playoffs. Criminey.

Old 04-18-2012, 05:39 AM

2,124 posts, read 6,836,606 times
Is that a record?
Yeah the hit on Hossa was ridiculous, painful to even watch. Thank heaven he's OK. Gotta love the biased calls in Detroit. Every time Nashville scores, they're gonna get a penalty - even a made-up one - so that Detroit has a chance to tie it. At least Nashville has the talent to rise above that.

Old 04-18-2012, 07:25 AM

5,289 posts, read 7,509,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ditchlights View Post
What a filthy brutal hit by Phoenix' Torres on Hossa! Karma is a bit*h! I think this game may get real ugly before it's over! Hossa's absence could determine this series.
I literally gasped at that hit. It was really powerful impact. Not the first time Torres has done something like this to the Hawks either.

Karma decided to laugh at Chicago though and PHX wins in OT. Bummer

I never really believed in this team to go the cup anyways...Crawford is suspect often. Aside from that, they showed you just how bad they could be during their 9(ish) game losing streak in the reg season.

Being down 2-1 isn't a death sentece, but they were 5 seconds away from being down 3-0. I think phx just might be a better team.

Old 04-18-2012, 07:57 AM

1,325 posts, read 2,370,694 times
We'll see what Brendan Shanahan and his roulette wheel of penalties has for Torres. He's got his work cut out for him but deserves the heat.

Alas the redwings are down 3-1. Still not dead, but wouldn't be surprised if preds finished them off at home. Tuesday's game reminded me of redwings of old (in a bad way); pepper a hot goalie with shots, and still lose the game.

Out of all the craziness, i like the Bruins/Caps evenly matched series the best.

Old 04-18-2012, 08:04 AM

42,004 posts, read 75,373,190 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gichicago View Post
Brendan Shanahan and his roulette wheel of penalties
This made me LOL. Even though it's not really all that funny.

Oh, I suppose in the grand scheme of life it really doesn't matter ...

Old 04-18-2012, 12:02 PM

11,320 posts, read 11,082,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gichicago View Post
We'll see what Brendan Shanahan and his roulette wheel of penalties has for Torres. He's got his work cut out for him but deserves the heat.
Hockey is a highly emotional game. Hard hits are a reality. If the hit was made by a straight player without a bad history of suspensions, I think a slap on the wrist and a small fine or even one game suspension would be in order (in light of the other suspensions recently handed out). But Torres is a dirty player who guns for certain players, and he was even completely remorseless after the game saying it was "just a hockey hit". Dude, your skates were almost a foot off the ice at the moment of impact! Yeah.... Whatever! This was completely by design, and it may very likely be a series ender for the Hawks. I'm not a Chicago fan, but I recognize horsecrap when I smell it. I liked how the other Phoenix players say they didn't even see the hit, even their goalie says he didn't see it. That's kinda funny, 'cause all the Blackhawks and their fans sure as hell saw it.

Old 04-18-2012, 12:17 PM

6,408 posts, read 9,013,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJDevil View Post
Is that a record?
Yeah the hit on Hossa was ridiculous, painful to even watch. Thank heaven he's OK. Gotta love the biased calls in Detroit. Every time Nashville scores, they're gonna get a penalty - even a made-up one - so that Detroit has a chance to tie it. At least Nashville has the talent to rise above that.
It's never really the playoffs until someone rolls out the conspiracy theories.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Hockey