Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Hockey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-08-2012, 09:52 AM

1,379 posts, read 1,762,586 times

Advertisements

The Coyotes and Kings in the Western Conference Finals. I'm going with the Kings in 6 games. Both goaltenders are very good. Might give a slight edge to Quick with the Kings. If the Kings win this, they will have taken down the Nos.1,2,and 3 seeds in the West. No team has even taken down the No.1 and 2 seeds like the Kings have this year.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-08-2012, 08:13 PM

2,124 posts, read 6,827,632 times
Good point.
I guess I'm just not used to all these suspensions lately. Flyers were hitting hard tonight....I feel bad for them...I hope their year comes up real soon. Lav is a great coach.

Old 05-08-2012, 08:27 PM

1,216 posts, read 1,083,740 times
na, na, na, na, . . .hey, hey, hey,. . .goodbye!

I would have preferred a 7 game series Flyers/Devils, but glad to see Philadelphia OUT.

Flyers lose and Phillies lose again tonite, it's a great day!

There goes the trifecta for Philadelphia, no WS, no SB, and no SC, lol oh wait, there's always next year, he he.

Old 05-08-2012, 08:59 PM

8,276 posts, read 11,931,297 times
Special congrats to the Devils' old pros, Marty Brodeur and Patrik Elias. After getting another playoff spot, at least 100 points , and a 1st-round win, a 2nd round victory is icing on the cake..

This team has as good a chance as any left to win the Cup.

Old 05-09-2012, 07:00 AM

41,991 posts, read 75,262,058 times
The Devils just flat outplayed the Flyers, and did it outstandingly well. They were incredible. Congrats to them and their fans.

I thought Scott Hartnell was going to cry when the team was saluting the fans.

Now the "How are we going to fix this?" begins ... It's hard to fault Bryz for the meltdown against the Devils, but he seems to be the most likely target at this early point.

Old 05-09-2012, 07:15 AM

1,742 posts, read 4,345,376 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiogirl81 View Post
The Devils just flat outplayed the Flyers, and did it outstandingly well. They were incredible. Congrats to them and their fans.

I thought Scott Hartnell was going to cry when the team was saluting the fans.

Now the "How are we going to fix this?" begins ... It's hard to fault Bryz for the meltdown against the Devils, but he seems to be the most likely target at this early point.
Agreed. I wasn't impressed with Carle's play but he's a free agent and I doubt the Flyers will try to resign him. I anticipate several other players going as well.

Old 05-09-2012, 02:29 PM

8,276 posts, read 11,931,297 times
I don't think that Philly has that much to worry about; they're always in contention for the Cup, and all they really need is a decent backup goalie; Bryz was fine last night..

Remarkable transition for the Devils in the past couple years, however. They've gone from a trap, defense-oriented team to one that forechecks and scores goals, while still strong on defense. Their depth is tremendous, with Kovalchuk, Parise, Elias, Zajac, Clarkson, Sykora and strong rookie Henrique all capable of scoring 20 goals ( some likely to score more). Salvador has beed a godsend on defense, and Marty has come through when he absolutely had to. Go Devils!

Old 05-10-2012, 09:41 AM

11,377 posts, read 9,295,139 times
Congratulations to the Caps for getting this series to a Game 7. This has been an incredible series.

Are there any Rangers fans that post on this thread? I just bought a ticket for Saturday nights game and I'm making the drive from Maryland. Is it safe for me to wear my Ovechkin jersey?
I'm a little concerned because I ran into a few brash Rangers fans last night that seemed to me that they were in a mood to fight. I'll probably bring my jacket and cover up when I'm leaving. I'm older and I do not want trouble.
TIA.

Old 05-10-2012, 01:19 PM

3,337 posts, read 5,122,560 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by John13 View Post
Congratulations to the Caps for getting this series to a Game 7. This has been an incredible series.

Are there any Rangers fans that post on this thread? I just bought a ticket for Saturday nights game and I'm making the drive from Maryland. Is it safe for me to wear my Ovechkin jersey?
I'm a little concerned because I ran into a few brash Rangers fans last night that seemed to me that they were in a mood to fight. I'll probably bring my jacket and cover up when I'm leaving. I'm older and I do not want trouble.
TIA.
As in any arena, you will get heckled. I would just keep a low profile. That being said, you should be ok. Now, if the Caps win and Ovie scores the game winner, all bets are off.

Great series so far. Wouldn't have been right to NOT go to 7 games.

Let's go Rangers!!!

Old 05-10-2012, 02:44 PM

11,377 posts, read 9,295,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theroc5156 View Post
As in any arena, you will get heckled. I would just keep a low profile. That being said, you should be ok. Now, if the Caps win and Ovie scores the game winner, all bets are off.

Great series so far. Wouldn't have been right to NOT go to 7 games.

Let's go Rangers!!!
Hello,
Not true. This season I attended road games in San Jose, Los Angeles, and Raleigh and never had a problem. 2 years ago I went to Columbus and they were the greatest, staff and fans.

At the Verizon Center there are no problems with visiting fans. But I have seen minor stuff after the games involving younger people no doubt caused by too much alcohol.

This is an unexpected surprise but I would have rather the Caps wrapped it up by now. With a little luck they would have.
Thanks for the response.

GO CAPS!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Hockey