Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Hockey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-05-2011, 09:34 PM

416 posts, read 1,091,484 times

Advertisements

I used to think he was obnoxious, . . .
but now
He is awesome on VS.
He brings such insight, excitement, passion and HUMOR !!!
The other night, he was NOT on VS. and all I could think was "Where is Roenick?" before I changed the channel.
He makes other commentators look boring.
As far as being iconic, AND totally interesting to listen to, . . . I think he is approaching the status of the American version of Don Cherry. (I said 'approaching', so dont get offended)
When I normally turn it off after the game is over, . . . I now keep it on to see JEREMY ROENICK!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-05-2011, 09:47 PM

1,643 posts, read 4,438,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nb1968 View Post
I used to think he was obnoxious, . . .
but now
He is awesome on VS.
He brings such insight, excitement, passion and HUMOR !!!
The other night, he was NOT on VS. and all I could think was "Where is Roenick?" before I changed the channel.
He makes other commentators look boring.
As far as being iconic, AND totally interesting to listen to, . . . I think he is approaching the status of the American version of Don Cherry. (I said 'approaching', so dont get offended)
When I normally turn it off after the game is over, . . . I now keep it on to see JEREMY ROENICK!
I agree 100 percent... The guy is fantastic commentator.

Old 05-06-2011, 05:46 AM

41,998 posts, read 75,321,036 times
Quote:
I think he is approaching the status of the American version of Don Cherry.
Oh, dear ...

Old 05-06-2011, 04:05 PM

2,790 posts, read 6,358,587 times
I love Don Cherry! He is "approaching" being as entertaining as Howard Cosell was.

Old 05-09-2011, 07:31 AM

7,211 posts, read 9,443,802 times
Jeremy Roenick is a pig. I used to like him, heck he played for the Sharks for a short time, but calling Patrick Marleau "gutless" on national TV is just completely classless..

Randy Hahn:

"Jeremy Roenick only cares about furthering his broadcasting career. His Marleau take was WAY over the line. Many bridges were burned."

Twitter

Drew Remenda on the Sharks post game show, said Roenick and Marleau have had problems in the past. Apparently Roenick is using his spot on Versus, under the guise of being a neutral analyst, to take whatever grudge he holds against Paddy to a whole new level. I've lost any respect I had for JR..

Sharks fans will never forget this..

Old 05-10-2011, 02:31 PM

2,279 posts, read 3,978,123 times
He's good. Mike Milbury comes across as a jerk, though, IMO.

Old 05-11-2011, 07:55 AM

17,029 posts, read 30,959,214 times
Milbury is trying to be the USA Don Cherry w/o the suits. Roenick is sort of trying the same. Hockey is trying to sell their sport and finding a Charles Barkley they think is key.

Old 05-11-2011, 08:34 AM

2,279 posts, read 3,978,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oildog View Post
Milbury is trying to be the USA Don Cherry w/o the suits. Roenick is sort of trying the same. Hockey is trying to sell their sport and finding a Charles Barkley they think is key.
Well, if that's the case, they sure aren't gonna do it with Mike Milbury. Maybe Roenick, but definitely not Milbury.

Basketball has done a better job at penetrating American pop culture. There are all kinds of movies about basketball, and only a handful about hockey (Slapshot, The Mighty Ducks, Miracle). I don't even watch basketball and I can still name several players in the NBA, past and present. How many NBA fans could do that for NHL players? Wayne Gretzky and Mario Lemieux would probably be the only ones they could name.

Also, nobody besides hockey fans and outdoors enthusiasts watch Versus that I know of. The NHL needs to get back on a major network like ESPN or USA or TNT. Even if they played more games on NBC as opposed to Versus, they would be better off IMO.

Old 05-27-2011, 11:23 PM

416 posts, read 1,091,484 times
JR picked Vancouver from the start, and he just said that he thinks that Vancouver would have an easier time facing Boston.
He is an expert and knows his stuff.
So, is the parade going to be on Hastings, Burrard or Granville or Robson?

Old 05-29-2011, 06:18 AM

7,554 posts, read 7,110,054 times
Quote:
JR picked Vancouver from the start, and he just said that he thinks that Vancouver would have an easier time facing Boston.
He is an expert and knows his stuff.
So, is the parade going to be on Hastings, Burrard or Granville or Robson?
don't cherry pick your experts

2011 Stanley Cup playoffs: Experts' Cup finals picks - ESPN
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Hockey