Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Hockey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-10-2010, 11:04 AM

660 posts, read 1,664,833 times

Advertisements

After the game, Jeremy Roenick was breaking down the game.

The rest will live on as one of the more embarassing moments in the history of live TV.

A lot of people are saying it was a powerful moment. I think it was one of the funniest things I've seen in a while.

YouTube - Jeremy Roenick Cries on National TV
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-10-2010, 01:44 PM

2,510 posts, read 4,014,647 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JRTurner View Post
The rest will live on as one of the more embarassing moments in the history of live TV.

A lot of people are saying it was a powerful moment. I think it was one of the funniest things I've seen in a while.

YouTube - Jeremy Roenick Cries on National TV

The man spoke from his heart and for that you see fit to ridicule him ? I pity you that all you can see in this emotional display is humor. You can count me with those that find this a powerful moment......You can only wish you were half the man he is and your above post shows you not.

Old 06-10-2010, 01:51 PM

1,643 posts, read 4,452,989 times
People who ridicule him are far from real hockey fans.

Old 06-10-2010, 02:22 PM

2,223 posts, read 5,025,463 times
I was fortunate to play hockey with JR! I know what and where he came from (actually quite pathetic)...cut him some slack!

I was glad to see Chicago win simply because of JR

Old 06-10-2010, 03:01 PM

17,029 posts, read 31,105,984 times
No. JR is/was a player who played hard for his team and represented the city. He deserved to get paid more than Dollar Bill Wirtz would give (like other players, which is why the Hawks languished so long), so he got sent to Phoenix.

I thought it was a very heartfelt moment that showed how much he cared. The dejected feeling after losing a series at home. Coming off the ice and seeing little kids crying. He cared about representing the city, not all athletes do.

JRTurner you lose credibility with that post.

Old 06-10-2010, 03:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oildog View Post

JRTurner you lose credibility with that post.
That's a favorite phrase of yours which loses IT'S credibility when you use it so often.

So I lose CREDIBILITY because I think it was an embarrassing and funny moment?

EXACTLY what's that got to do with anyone's "credibility"? Please explain.

Did you hear the guy say he didn't get to lift the Cup too, but he's not going to cry over it?

Fact is that JR did have a chance to raise the Cup.....he just wasn't up to the task while Mario and Tommy Barrasso were.

Old 06-10-2010, 05:55 PM

Quote:
EXACTLY what's that got to do with anyone's "credibility"? Please explain.
The very fact that you have to ask to have it explained speaks volumes.

Old 06-10-2010, 06:50 PM

1,966 posts, read 4,370,109 times
Thought it was cool watching JR getting emotional. These guys just give it all a la the "Duncan Teeth" comment made earlier which is why hockey is by far better compared to pro basketball.

Old 06-10-2010, 06:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyersFan View Post
The very fact that you have to ask to have it explained speaks volumes.
Actually, no it doesn't. Because the two things have NOTHING at all in common.

What is funny to one person may not be to another. Does that make one person more or less credible than the next? No.

Much like musical taste, what's funny is a subjective thing.

Old 06-10-2010, 07:09 PM

Quote:
Actually, no it doesn't. Because the two things have NOTHING at all in common.

What is funny to one person may not be to another. Does that make one person more or less credible than the next? No.

Much like musical taste, what's funny is a subjective thing.

What you say is true but when literally everyone is finding Roenicks emotional commentary on how sports competition and what the failure to achieve the goal of winning a Stanley Cup meant to him.... and how he envied and was happy for the Hawks he once played for.... I surely wouldn't want to be the only one laughing. Your the only one who finds this humorous...doesn't that in itself tell you something ? If not...it should.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Hockey