Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Hockey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-10-2010, 06:02 AM

2,950 posts, read 5,200,438 times

Advertisements

NHL CenterIce is running their free preview this week.

I think I'll pay 4 installments of $40 again.

Seems there's more dual telecasts now, offering either the home or away broadcast team.

Old 10-10-2010, 07:54 AM

24,832 posts, read 37,365,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bostonguy1960 View Post
NHL CenterIce is running their free preview this week.

I think I'll pay 4 installments of $40 again.

Seems there's more dual telecasts now, offering either the home or away broadcast team.
The Red Wings games was blocked out both nights.

Old 10-14-2010, 02:43 AM

Why were the Wings blacked out unless in or near Detroit? Hmm...I know there a restrictions, but I don't recall many problems though I didn't have cable last season unlike previous ones.

I do like they now repeat the games a couple more times thru the next day; don't recall that before. Can't always watch or tape certain nights when they're live.

Old 10-14-2010, 11:14 AM

1,654 posts, read 5,858,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bostonguy1960 View Post
Why were the Wings blacked out unless in or near Detroit? Hmm...I know there a restrictions, but I don't recall many problems though I didn't have cable last season unlike previous ones.

I do like they now repeat the games a couple more times thru the next day; don't recall that before. Can't always watch or tape certain nights when they're live.
Any games within a 100 mi radius are blacked out. Any Detroit/Buffalo games are blocked for me regardless if they're home or away.

Old 10-15-2010, 12:53 PM

9,091 posts, read 19,234,466 times
Any game provided by your local carrier or on a national network will be blacked out by the package

If the game is on VS, NHLN or NBC you will not be able to watch it on CSN or whatever your local is as the former has the full broadcast rights to the game

In your local market your team should be on the station that has the local broadcast rights ...... if I wanted to watch the coyotes and they were being broadcast on FSN AZ I would have to go into the sports tier and watch it on FSN (686 on DTV) instead of up in the 700s with the Center Ice package

there were some instances last year where the coyotes weren't shown locally and I was able to watch the out of market feed through the package

generally though these packages aren't so you can watch your in market team .... it's so you can watch all the out of market games you can't get on your local or national stations

Old 10-15-2010, 05:10 PM

3,503 posts, read 7,505,517 times
I'm not gonna' lie, since Dish announced that FOX allegedly jacked up their rates, I LOVE seeing all this extra puck on the Center Ice preview.

This is in NO way politically linked, but if their little schpiel they've got going on FOX SW to demand the station back so I can get my local station, crummy Astros baseball, Big 12/Pac-10 football, and the crappy Rockets games that aren't put on TNT or ESPN...well, I will gladly leave the FOX tree off the menu!

Leafs at Rangers from MSG coming on now...nice!

Old 10-15-2010, 08:05 PM

1,654 posts, read 5,858,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlfredB1979 View Post
I'm not gonna' lie, since Dish announced that FOX allegedly jacked up their rates, I LOVE seeing all this extra puck on the Center Ice preview.

This is in NO way politically linked, but if their little schpiel they've got going on FOX SW to demand the station back so I can get my local station, crummy Astros baseball, Big 12/Pac-10 football, and the crappy Rockets games that aren't put on TNT or ESPN...well, I will gladly leave the FOX tree off the menu!

What a game that was!

Old 10-17-2010, 08:10 AM

24,832 posts, read 37,365,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlfredB1979 View Post

I went to Direct TV.

BTW, I will never have Dish TV again. They were just plain rude.

Old 10-18-2010, 12:18 PM

17,029 posts, read 30,942,777 times
I have purchased Center Ice the past couple years, but dont use it as much during football and baseball seasons. They usually offer a half season rate in January which I'll get.

Old 10-19-2010, 01:46 AM

I mentioned above how they're showing repeats of these CenterIce games a FEW times through the next day!.

Sat. Night is my night to take advantage of the live games in tandem with my DVR, plus catch pieces of the games I couldn't sample live later on. I hope it continues, as I don't recall this in the past.

I don't notice the annoying message swiped across the screen lately ("You are watching a preview, call 800-xxx-xxxx to subscribe").

I hate when they pull the plug on the game right after, and don't come back after the commercial for the final wrapup! Annoying.

Avs @ Rangers NOT a sellout tonight (Monday night vs. Yankees playoffs on tv). 17.700 of 18.200). It's been 2-3 yrs. since a non-sellout at MSG for NHL. Plus the Wild's first non-sellout this past Saturday. Somehow, Gary is still smiling...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.