Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Hockey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-02-2010, 12:37 PM

17,029 posts, read 30,919,735 times

Advertisements

Since the Hawks won, maybe the talk will move a little further West. I get tired of the same few teams on ALL the games.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-06-2010, 09:05 AM

14,186 posts, read 22,738,907 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nb1968 View Post
Is there any type of term limit ?? ie) when can we get rid of that idiot Bettman.
also
dont forget that the FIRST winter classic was in Edmonton and the air temp was MINUS 20.
I am sick of the winter classic being held in some melting mild winter place where they have to use machines to create and maintain ARTIFICIAL ICE ! ! !
Hold another winter classic in Edmonton, Calgary, Ottawa, and possibly Minneapolis or Buffalo, . . . where it stays below freezing and they have real ice outside in the winter.
what next, . . .
is Bettman going to want one in St. Louis or Atlanta with artificial ice, . . . since he only wants to promote hockey in the USA, in fledgling markets, and ignores the loyal Canadian fans.
You're acting like the Winter Classic is in Atlanta this coming season.

Old 08-06-2010, 09:06 AM

14,186 posts, read 22,738,907 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oildog View Post
Since the Hawks won, maybe the talk will move a little further West. I get tired of the same few teams on ALL the games.
Didn't the Blackhawks host the Winter Classic at Wrigley Field recently?

Old 08-06-2010, 10:11 AM

5,765 posts, read 10,998,503 times
I doubt Bettman is the sole person making a decision about this game or is even involved much. In fact, I bet the network is who is deciding who plays. They are the one pumping a ton of money into it and want return on their money. Can you really blame them for this matchup?

Old 08-10-2010, 08:15 AM

416 posts, read 1,089,887 times
Didnt they just announce that the next one is in CALGARY ???!?!?!
AWESOME ! ! !
Somebody heard me, . . . and I am sure it wasnt Bettman.

Old 08-12-2010, 04:52 PM

9,091 posts, read 19,219,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RjRobb2 View Post
I doubt Bettman is the sole person making a decision about this game or is even involved much. In fact, I bet the network is who is deciding who plays. They are the one pumping a ton of money into it and want return on their money. Can you really blame them for this matchup?
Exactly - networks are shelling out good money for this and want the best ratings possible

The league also wants the best ratings possible (after all, that helps provide more leverage for TV negotiations, spreading the game, etc)

Keep in mind the winter classic is not for hockey fans - hockey fans don't need the gimmick to watch the game

Sure we watch and enjoy the game ... but they aren't looking to draw in hockey fans to a hockey game

They are looking to draw non-hockey fans who are at home, flipping through the channels watching other sports to check out their game ..... tune in for the gimmick, stay because hockey is good stuff

Get some national press, national attention, etc
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Hockey