Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-28-2020, 11:28 AM

17,849 posts, read 13,644,871 times

Advertisements

https://www.timesofisrael.com/astraz...vere-covid-19/

Quote:
The vaccine, currently being evaluated by Britain’s independent medicines regulator, provides “100 percent protection” against severe COVID disease requiring hospitalization, Pascal Soriot said in an interview with the Sunday Times newspaper.

He added he believes trials will show his firm has achieved a vaccine efficacy equal to Pfizer-BioNTech at 95 percent and Moderna at 94.5 percent.

From what my colleges and I know, because of ease of shipping and temp control, the AZ vaccine will be used in less developed countries.

It will probably be our follow-up shot next season

Old 12-28-2020, 01:38 PM

26,667 posts, read 28,913,417 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike1003 View Post

From what my colleges and I know, because of ease of shipping and temp control, the AZ vaccine will be used in less developed countries.

That's the one I've been watching from the start and the one I wish I could get. Sounds reliable and effective. Not so sure about the newer type. But I don't think we'll have any choice as to which on we get.

Old 12-28-2020, 01:43 PM

26,659 posts, read 13,864,387 times
Quote:

from what my colleges and i know, because of ease of shipping and temp control, the az vaccine will be used in less developed countries.

100%?

Old 12-28-2020, 01:49 PM

26,667 posts, read 28,913,417 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
100%?
100% protection against SEVERE COVID-19. They're playing with words a little bit here. Mostly it's probably just as effective, 94%, 96% as the ones we already have but no one knows yet.

Old 12-28-2020, 05:38 PM

17,849 posts, read 13,644,871 times
Quote:
100%?

Did ya, at least, read the article before you commented? I guess not

Quote:
Earlier trials had shown varying outcomes in the AstraZeneca shot’s efficacy. The vaccine initially showed an average 70 percent effectiveness but that level jumped to 90 percent depending on dosage.

Also from my OP:

Quote:
He added he believes trials will show his firm has achieved a vaccine efficacy equal to Pfizer-BioNTech at 95 percent and Moderna at 94.5 percent.

Old 12-30-2020, 03:43 PM

2,202 posts, read 1,790,108 times
Quote:
100%?
Quote:
Did ya, at least, read the article before you commented? I guess not

I didn't read the article either and had the same question. That's why I didn't bother reading the article. I doubt in time it will prove to be 100% effective for severe covid.

Old 12-31-2020, 08:46 AM

3,226 posts, read 6,662,297 times
I am NOT buying the effectiveness of these vaccines. As more people get vaccinated I expect the real efficacy rate to take a significant dip. It's important to know that these makers of the vaccines have spent BILLIONS on them and have many other big wigs who've invested millions and perhaps billions. Whether people want to hear it or not, whether people want to know the truth or not, these vaccines are simply about making bank. I'm not saying it won't help some people but this is all about money.

Being this is a health forum, I think people should remember that we have IMMUNE SYSTEMS and even if you're in poor health, you can reverse your health. If you're in normal health, you can bring yourself to become in extraordinary health. Granted, I understand some people are going to need advanced medicines and treatments. However, for those of us whom are in poor to normal health, just remember that you have immune systems that you can enhance. Take the vaccine if you wish but again don't forget you have immune systems.

Old 12-31-2020, 10:41 AM

6,102 posts, read 8,867,737 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lital_The_Best View Post
I am NOT buying the effectiveness of these vaccines. As more people get vaccinated I expect the real efficacy rate to take a significant dip. It's important to know that these makers of the vaccines have spent BILLIONS on them and have many other big wigs who've invested millions and perhaps billions. Whether people want to hear it or not, whether people want to know the truth or not, these vaccines are simply about making bank. I'm not saying it won't help some people but this is all about money.

Being this is a health forum, I think people should remember that we have IMMUNE SYSTEMS and even if you're in poor health, you can reverse your health. If you're in normal health, you can bring yourself to become in extraordinary health. Granted, I understand some people are going to need advanced medicines and treatments. However, for those of us whom are in poor to normal health, just remember that you have immune systems that you can enhance. Take the vaccine if you wish but again don't forget you have immune systems.
COVID is killing young healthy people too. Vaccines are what are going to save us.

Old 12-31-2020, 11:26 AM

29,259 posts, read 16,917,359 times
Quote:

So so so true. and I've been saying this for decades and even my young grandkids keep their immune systems strong and no jabs for these kids...they had too many as babies to begin with.

I'd like to give you a 100 reps or a bunch of hugs....

Old 12-31-2020, 02:21 PM

3,125 posts, read 2,105,068 times
Quote:

Being this is a health forum, I think people should remember that we have IMMUNE SYSTEMS
Too late...many have forgotten or never knew it in the first place.

Quote:
and even if you're in poor health, you can reverse your health. If you're in normal health, you can bring yourself to become in extraordinary health.
Yep, but many don't want to put in the effort.

Quote:
Granted, I understand some people are going to need advanced medicines and treatments.
Yes, but even those people can help themselves.

Quote:
However, for those of us whom are in poor to normal health, just remember that you have immune systems that you can enhance.
I would say support rather than enhance but, yes, if they believe science as many claim to believe, they know this to be true.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness