Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-14-2020, 10:11 PM

5,466 posts, read 3,063,495 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BikesareBetter View Post
Anyone ever take this drug? Experiences?

Being forced to take it..Not looking forward to weight gain. Am I Right?
When I had to take it the reason was to live, I never gave a second thought to whether I'd gain weight.
Its a serious treatment.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-14-2020, 10:47 PM

42,845 posts, read 26,259,081 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by motherman View Post
Every few years I come down with a severe eczema that does not respond to any treatment. Eventually my entire face becomes inflamed and itchy. Last time, my doctor was so shocked by the severity of the swelling and the appearance of my face, that she injected me with steroids, put me on a steroid cream and gave me oral prednisone.

It cleared up in two days.

That was 6 years ago.

It came back four months ago with a vengeance. Only I did not have the money to go to the doctor, so a friend, who is not a dermatologist, prescribed methyl prednisone medipack and the the steroid cream. Within a half hour of taking the methyl prednisone, I was having trouble breathing, had chest tightness and severe heartburn. This lasted for hours. It actually scared me. Took the second round of the meds and the same thing happened. This time I realized it was the methyl prednisone. I called my friend and she ordered a script for regular prednisone.
I am afraid to take it. My skin is screaming at me all day long and I the itching is over the top insane, but I am afraid to take the prednisone. I asked my friend and she said she did not know if allergic to one means allergic to the other. The Target pharmacist did not know either. The pharmacist claimed not to know!!!!!!
I am not sure what to do at this point, but my skin is so inflamed and so tender and sensitive to anything I put on it, I know I need some help, little I can do.

Has anyone ever heard of anything like this?
That's awful, no I've never heard of it but if you don't have enough money find a free clinic or apply for medicaid. Or if nothing else look for an eczema study in your area, there are usually several of them ongoing testing various biologics. I have severe eczema too but for the time being I'm managing it with topical steroids. The doctor said I should be on a biologic but said that's a little risky right now as they suppress the immune system.

Old 05-16-2020, 12:00 PM

11,175 posts, read 16,014,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ambers72 View Post
(Alot of people only think mainstream stuff will help them when in reality it hurts them 1/2 the time)
Hyperbole much?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness