Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-29-2015, 06:27 AM

1,014 posts, read 1,564,609 times

Advertisements

Gas, bloating, constipation pain in stomach that goes up and stops in middle of ribcage. Pepcid complete helps some. I have went to a bland diet. I have no med insurance until Jan . Anything I can do for relief? I was told it sounds like an ulcer
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-30-2015, 10:48 AM

1,014 posts, read 1,564,609 times
It is a peptic ulcer..thank you so much for your concern

Old 11-30-2015, 11:16 AM

12,022 posts, read 11,567,188 times
You might want to prop up your upper body when you sleep. I did self-treat for one long time ago (1999?) that bled. It took almost a week to recover. Aside from bland foods, I drank a lot of COLD water which reduced the acidity. All the same advice as for heartburn and GERD.

Old 11-30-2015, 10:38 PM

1,660 posts, read 2,533,513 times
TUMS. You need to go to a doctor to fibd out if you have h.Pylori though. If you do then you need treatment to eradicate it as it can cause stomach cancer after many years.

Old 12-01-2015, 07:59 AM

350 posts, read 415,827 times
I think that peptic ulcers can be cured by antibiotic therapy. Do a search on peptic ulcer antibiotic treatment on the web. It is curable.

Old 12-01-2015, 11:22 AM

1,615 posts, read 1,640,820 times
Just was treated for a bleeding ulcer. Have had reflux for years a d never found without a bottle of water. Even with meds certain foods trigger reflux and water cuts the acid. When found to have ulcers they treat with antibotics also. Took about one month to treat mine. No longer allowed to take Aleve for pain. Your dr can advise you.

Old 12-04-2015, 06:03 PM

3,055 posts, read 2,925,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carolyninfl View Post
Gas, bloating, constipation pain in stomach that goes up and stops in middle of ribcage. Pepcid complete helps some. I have went to a bland diet. I have no med insurance until Jan . Anything I can do for relief? I was told it sounds like an ulcer
Yes. Try omeprazole (can go up to 2 of the otc so that's 40mg if the 20mg doesn't help) once daily. It may take a few days for it to start working (or even a few weeks). I had an ulcer last month and Protonix wasn't even working for me. I had to be given Dexilant samples and finally, after a couple weeks of taking that it seemed to start improving. You may have to take it for about 8 weeks (the omeprazole, if it works; hopefully your ulcer won't be as bad as mine was and it will respond to omeprazole. Dexilant is supposedly the strongest drug in that class of medications, but it is not available over the counter). Then you may have to slowly go off it (like take one every other day for a week or so) because sometimes, stopping those abruptly can make the amount of acid in your stomach increase a whole lot, making you feel like you have to go right back on it.

Old 12-05-2015, 03:27 PM

7,776 posts, read 12,439,623 times
I had a stomach ulcer once, many years ago. The doctor told me I had to get rid of what was in my life to cause it. He then outlined treatment for the ulcer and after one month, it was gone. I knew what had caused it, so I got a divorce.

Old 12-05-2015, 08:08 PM

18,949 posts, read 43,590,485 times
I don't see how an ulcer can cause constipation, I've had one for several years but never had that problem. Definitely stay away from NSAIDs though.

Old 12-09-2015, 07:27 PM

7,776 posts, read 12,439,623 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubi3 View Post
I had a stomach ulcer once, many years ago. The doctor told me I had to get rid of what was in my life to cause it. He then outlined treatment for the ulcer and after one month, it was gone. I knew what had caused it, so I got a divorce.
When he told me I had an ulcer, the first thing I said was that I guessed I would have to stop smoking. He replied, "Oh no, that would be too much stress. Wait until the ulcer is gone. I was relieved, but did manage to stop later on. That's one area I give my ex plenty of credit, because he helped me quit by doing the same.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness