Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you wash your hands after visiting the restroom?
Yes 168 88.89%
No 21 11.11%
Voters: 189. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-12-2014, 07:31 PM

4,374 posts, read 11,231,963 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BECLAZONE View Post
I find the doors on restrooms a problem, you still need to touch them to get out, and not everyone washes.
I always wash my hands after using the restroom and I open the door with the drying paper or my sleeve (etc.) so I don't have to touch it. In the case when it's summer and I'm in a tank top (it's hot in AZ) then I use sanitizer as soon as I can.

My sister uses sanitizer on her iPhone!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-12-2014, 07:46 PM

30,263 posts, read 23,746,924 times
Nine nasty, disgusting people here. Gross. Wash your hands!

Old 12-12-2014, 07:46 PM

7,280 posts, read 10,955,708 times
All the time BUT...

More diseases and such are probably passed to others with our incessant need to kiss and hug everyone than anything else.

You can wash your hands all you want but hug or get kissed by someone and all the hand washing didn't do you a bit of good.

Some cultures think we're nuts with all the hugging and kissing of everyone just for casual meetings. They are probably right. A nod or bow works just as well unless you know they aren't sick. People no longer care if they are sick, they'll hug and kiss everyone without regard.

Old 12-12-2014, 07:49 PM

10 posts, read 26,940 times
I always wash my hands after using the restroom. At work or in public, I wash my hands before as well. I also use the paper towel I dry my hands with to turn off the water faucet. And I use a paper towel to open the door to get out of public restrooms. I'm not super paranoid about germs, but I have seen way too many men that do not wash their hands after using the restroom (some do not wash their hands even after taking a dump). I've also seen guys (Muslims I assume) washing their feet in the sink at work! The wonders of multiculturalism.

Old 12-12-2014, 07:57 PM

20,722 posts, read 16,381,989 times
I'm more afraid of the germaphobes who do stuff like using their foot to hit the lever to flush - then I have to touch whatever they stuck their shoe in! And I don't believe that 85% of people wash up ....maybe 85% some of the time but not ALL the time!

Old 12-12-2014, 08:11 PM

2,004 posts, read 3,417,848 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BECLAZONE View Post
I find the doors on restrooms a problem, you still need to touch them to get out, and not everyone washes.
If the door opens to the inside I open it with a paper towel or some toilet paper. If there's no trash can to throw the paper in I throw it on the floor. If they don't like it they can put a trash can close to the door. After I wash my hands, I touch nothing in the rest room with them except the paper. I never touch the door handles with my bare hand. I use the same method to flush too.

What gets me is this....think about all of the nasty places that your shoes step everyday. Then we just walk right into our houses and think nothing of it.

Old 12-12-2014, 08:42 PM

19,719 posts, read 16,850,938 times
Yep, I always wash my hands, at home and away. I just stayed in a hotel that had a public bathroom and the door to leave the room had an automatic no hands door so you could wave your hand in front of a sensor and the door would open. You didn't have to grab the knob or handle to open it........I thought that was a great idea because after you wash your hands you normally have to touch the door knob and you know a good percentage of the people didn't wash their hands before using it.

The older I get the more germ conscious I become.

Don

Old 12-12-2014, 08:49 PM

10,659 posts, read 10,730,854 times
My mom taught me to wash my wiener the Navy taught me not to pee on myself.....................

Old 12-12-2014, 09:04 PM

8,050 posts, read 10,640,313 times
I always wash my hands after using public restrooms, even going so far as to use a paper towel to turn the door handle to leave.

Strangely, perhaps, I never really bother to wash my hands after using the bathroom in my own home. My own family's germs just don't bother me much I guess.

Old 12-12-2014, 09:26 PM

21,020 posts, read 19,393,070 times
Before and after!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness