Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-31-2018, 04:27 PM

20,758 posts, read 19,964,416 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lubby View Post
Just found this thread, My Husband has been suffering from extreme fatigue lately. He's type 2 diabetic, has underactive thyroid. He went for his yearly blood work this past Saturday and has a follow up with his doctor February 5th,he's 46. For the last couple of weekends he's had no energy to go out and do anything. He lays around most of the day and sometimes will take a 2 hour nap. If we go out on a Saturday night and stay out late till about midnight he's exhausted the next day. He doesn't have the best sleeping habits and is the type to go to bed around 10 pm and then wake up at 3 am and is not able to fall back asleep until it's time to get up for work. He's actually missed 2 days of work this week because of this. His sugar was very high yesterday morning and I am thinking that could be one reason. He's not sick or anything just extremely exhausted to the point he doesn't want to get out of bed. I am concerned health wise but also his job isn't going to tolerate this either. He does need to loose weight too. anyone else ever fell like this? I am going to talk to his doctor about this as well. There are times where he sleeps through the night and he feels great. He does take medication for depression and take Over the counter Melatonin. Could the melatonin be having an effect on this? I will address all issues next week at the doctor.
Several things going on here:

Thyroid
Diabetic
Overweight
Depression meds aka depression

All of the above might cause the fatigue. Do not leave any info out when discussing with the doctor.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-01-2018, 08:14 AM

20,932 posts, read 28,414,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oh-eve View Post
Several things going on here:

Thyroid
Diabetic
Overweight
Depression meds aka depression

All of the above might cause the fatigue. Do not leave any info out when discussing with the doctor.
I never leave out any info. I am his healthcare advocate.

Old 02-01-2018, 10:55 AM

22,660 posts, read 24,589,306 times
Quote:
eggs, fruit, Greek yogurt, for breakfast but not all together or some times just 2 pieces of fruit and a coffee.

for lunch I usually give him Boars head ham, Turkey or oven gold chicken breast with a few cheese slices no bread and a piece of fruit.

Dinner: chicken, fish or beef always a vegetable and either rice, potato or pasta or instead a salad.

Snacks: Sometimes nothing but on occasion he'll have a few potato chips or pita chips with Hummus or we will have ice cream but we haven't had that in a while. Ice cream is more of a summer time treat.

His biggest meal is dinner and sometimes he has a second helping of what ever I make. He only drinks water or seltzer, has 2 cups of coffee a day.

On occasion he likes to eat breakfast from McDonalds or the diner on the weekends but that's maybe once every couple of months. I cook pretty healthy because I am on weight watchers so he eats what I cook.

Diet, a type-2 and eating quite a lot of carbs!

Old 02-01-2018, 05:34 PM

48,518 posts, read 34,833,342 times
Apnea was the culprit for me. Once I adjusted me sleeping situation to minimize apnea occurrences I felt much better and more energetic. I rarely snore and not over weight, so the typical profile is not required to consider it as a possibility.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 02-01-2018, 06:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tickyul View Post
Diet, a type-2 and eating quite a lot of carbs!
Yes this I know, He's been trying to cut back. I also think his meds need adjusting. Turns out they had to cancel the appointment and we have to reschedule.

Old 02-08-2018, 10:32 AM

Since He stopped taking melatonin he has felt 90% better! He was taking this every night 2 chewable pills.

Old 02-08-2018, 10:35 AM

8,620 posts, read 5,648,693 times
Vitamin D and B12 levels?

Old 02-08-2018, 10:36 AM

29,267 posts, read 16,741,456 times
Quote:
Since He stopped taking melatonin he has felt 90% better! He was taking this every night 2 chewable pills.
Could be he was chewing TOO HIGH a dose. I take 1.5mg for my sleep, swallow it, and I'm not fatigued from this dose. Everyone is different as we know and I've read where some take as high as 10mg for their sleep.

Old 02-08-2018, 10:39 AM

48,518 posts, read 34,833,342 times
Quote:
Good, glad he is feeling better.

Consider this though: if he has apnea, and the melatonin was sending him into a deep sleep, that could have been triggering the apnea.

If I drink, or take a pain killer before bed I have more of a tendency to get apnea and be dead tired the next day. Sometimes I'm fine when I wake up, but sometime during the day it's like someone found my off switch.

Just something to consider.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 02-08-2018, 04:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminhealth View Post
Could be he was chewing TOO HIGH a dose. I take 1.5mg for my sleep, swallow it, and I'm not fatigued from this dose. Everyone is different as we know and I've read where some take as high as 10mg for their sleep.
10 mg is what he was taking.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness