Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-22-2007, 02:26 AM

1,352 posts, read 6,273,284 times

Advertisements

My doctor put me on antibiotics because he is trying to figure out if the blood spots i had in my underwear are an infection or something more serious.....Well i am hesitant now to take the antibiotic because it says to tell the doctor if you have been drinking heavily (which i was up until a week and a half ago_)....i told him i was drinking but he didnt go into detail as to how much and wouldnt let me explain..he moved on to the next question really fast which threw me off so i dont know if the drinking would affect my response to this antibiotic.....now i have only been drinking water or cranberry juice for the last week and a half (no beer).....so im concerned that the blood spots might be a cist in my kidney or some other problem from my liver or kidney.....because i do have some weird back pains even though the blood spots havent shown up anymore...i am worried that these antibiotics could cause more damage to my kidney if the kidney is actually the problem.....should i just take a chance with this drug and take it so the doctor can find out if its an infection or should i ask him to take my blood or something else and test that first.....they said my white blood cell count was high after testing my urine so i feel that the strength of this antibiotic might make it harder on my immune system and kidneys.....what should i do?

Old 11-22-2007, 05:12 AM

5,004 posts, read 15,350,013 times
An antibiotic would help your kidneys, not cause it damage. I would certainly take them. And if you don't feel that they are working after 3 or 4 days, call the doctor back. Sometimes antibiotics have to be changed because one kind doesn't work.
Did he do a culture to see which antibiotic would work?

Old 11-22-2007, 05:28 AM

5,004 posts, read 15,350,013 times
This thread is cross posting, so anyone who wishes to answer this can post under Blood Spots on underwear. I am just closing it at this moment.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness