Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-04-2013, 05:54 AM

51 posts, read 95,032 times

Advertisements

(I'm not sure if this is the right place to post so please forgive me if its not)

I have wanted a BR for as long as I can remember! I didn't have insurance for a few years so that was a setback. Then once I got insurance, I got pregnant. I spent a year breast feeding my son and now I am (beyond!) ready for the surgery.

The process went fairly quick for me. I saw the surgeon, he put in the request and 3 weeks later the office staff called to schedule a pre-op. I was surprised my insurance approved the surgery so quickly. Everyone had told me it would take several attempts.

I would love to hear from anyone who's had the surgery, or if they have experience with it. I know the recovery will be difficult but I figure if I can have a baby, I can get through this! Haha
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-04-2013, 07:23 AM

19,855 posts, read 65,829,411 times
Congratulations! I know nothing about the procedure but everyone seems very happy they got it done.

Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.

Old 06-04-2013, 11:21 AM

18,431 posts, read 34,360,429 times
I had the surgery 13 years ago and am happy for it. The worst part of it for me was the area where they did the liposuction. It was the most painful area of my recovery.

Recovery really wasn't all that bad, either. Back then I had a list of questions to ask my surgeon and he kept the list and made a faq out of it.

Old 06-04-2013, 11:25 PM

8,452 posts, read 15,041,876 times
Family member had this in December. The recovery was not all that difficult. The usual leaky bandage changes and binding (she needed a little help wrapping). She also had lipo for the "side breasts." Minimal pain meds. Took some zolpidem for sleep to be able to sleep on her back. Used pillow side supports and sandbags at the sides of her head so she wouldn't turn on her side.

Got the surgery on a Tuesday, and went back to work on Monday. Had a few follow-up appointments, sutures out, etc. One suture got jostled and got the beginnings of an infection; took some mild antibiotic and that was that. The scar lines have lightened considerably.

Now, she is bra free most of the time. The overwhelming joy about having this surgery is amazing. She wishes she had had it years ago. It improved her posture, and made her look considerably slimmer overall, too, a bonus.

Old 06-05-2013, 05:42 AM

13,250 posts, read 42,783,686 times
Congratulations! If I wasn't such a baby I'd want to get a reduction as well. I've always been big-busted, developed early (I was wearing something like a 28-c when I was 13 - at 5 feet weighing maybe 110 pounds at my heaviest at that time, not even remotely overweight.) I've had to have so many surgeries for this that and the other thing though, that the idea of going to the doctor to -ask- him to cut me open is just too freaky for me yet. Maybe some day.

Keep us in the loop on the progress! Maybe another success story will tip me over the edge to finally getting it done!

Old 06-05-2013, 07:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightlysparrow View Post
Family member had this in December. The recovery was not all that difficult. The usual leaky bandage changes and binding (she needed a little help wrapping). She also had lipo for the "side breasts." Minimal pain meds. Took some zolpidem for sleep to be able to sleep on her back. Used pillow side supports and sandbags at the sides of her head so she wouldn't turn on her side.

Got the surgery on a Tuesday, and went back to work on Monday. Had a few follow-up appointments, sutures out, etc. One suture got jostled and got the beginnings of an infection; took some mild antibiotic and that was that. The scar lines have lightened considerably.

Now, she is bra free most of the time. The overwhelming joy about having this surgery is amazing. She wishes she had had it years ago. It improved her posture, and made her look considerably slimmer overall, too, a bonus.
Thank you for sharing! 9-10 people I talk to have similar stories- all of which make me more excited! I'm so she had a positive outcome and is doing well!

Old 06-05-2013, 07:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnonChick View Post
Congratulations! If I wasn't such a baby I'd want to get a reduction as well. I've always been big-busted, developed early (I was wearing something like a 28-c when I was 13 - at 5 feet weighing maybe 110 pounds at my heaviest at that time, not even remotely overweight.) I've had to have so many surgeries for this that and the other thing though, that the idea of going to the doctor to -ask- him to cut me open is just too freaky for me yet. Maybe some day.

Keep us in the loop on the progress! Maybe another success story will tip me over the edge to finally getting it done!
Im sorry you have to deal with so much pain and discomfort! How awful! I will definitely keep everyone updated!

Old 06-05-2013, 07:07 AM

18,836 posts, read 37,364,053 times
I had a friend who did it, she had deep ruts on her shoulders, and back problems. She was pleased, went down to a B cup.

Old 06-05-2013, 06:40 PM

3,848 posts, read 7,963,110 times
Oh I'm so jealous!!! I've wanted one for years! My gf got one and loved it. I'm waiting till my daughter is older so I don't have a 3 year old who could possibly flying kick me in the boob post-op! Let us know how it goes!

Old 06-06-2013, 05:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetbottoms View Post
Oh I'm so jealous!!! I've wanted one for years! My gf got one and loved it. I'm waiting till my daughter is older so I don't have a 3 year old who could possibly flying kick me in the boob post-op! Let us know how it goes!
I definitely will! My son is only 15 months and I'm a little worried about him. My mom, mother in law and husband will all be with me/him around the clock. Hopefully that's enough distraction for him!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness