Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-14-2012, 06:29 PM

3,226 posts, read 6,639,042 times

Advertisements

I tried doing an internet search but I really wouldn't know where to begin, so I am hoping one of you smarty pants can help me.

DISCLAIMER: Hopefully you're not eating anything while you read this. Nothing totally gross but gross enough.

Lately, for the past week or two, I've been experiencing unusual stomach problems don't really don't happen normally, at least unless too much or have way dairy foods in excess.

I've been waking up with painful stomach aches (not everyday though) and when I finish eating a meal, my stool has been hasn't been a normal solid but liquid like, as if I took laxative and has been like that almost the past two weeks.

Every time I use the toilet my stomach rumbles like a volcano and I start having gas, then I basically explode (or have what I call an ass attack) as if I had Tabasco milk shake and a bowl of Jalapenos sprinkled with ghost chili sauce.

I end up taking liquified craps for EVERYTHING, even when I drink my regular gallon of water I end up pooping that out.

Anyone have any idea what it good be? Maybe I have become lactose intolerant? (Which I've never had a problem with dairy).

Sorry if I left any nasty images in advanced, I don't know how many people maybe sensitive to this stuff .

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-14-2012, 06:40 PM

10,363 posts, read 20,799,063 times
Sure sounds like dairy. Why not go w/o for 6 weeks and then have some and see what happens? YOu'll have your answer for free. Now the caveat is that if your symptoms don't improve right away after taking out dairy you should probably see a doc since it's not good to let these things go on too long.

Old 05-14-2012, 06:41 PM

13,721 posts, read 19,258,895 times
Hard to say. Could be irritable bowel, but your doctor will probably want you to have an EGD and colonoscopy as a starting point.

Old 05-14-2012, 08:51 PM

Stepka,

I think you're right. I did an internet search for the symptoms of lactose intolerance and the main 3 symptoms are the ones I've been having. This sucks big time I love dairy and I've never had this problem ever in my life before, I've never been lactose intolerant. Is it possible to just sudden become lactose intolerant?

Old 05-14-2012, 08:55 PM

Actually, Luzianne, I think you're on too something. And irritable bowel movement sounds more correct.
What I need to know about Irritable Bowel Syndrome - National Digestive Diseases Information Clearinghouse

Old 05-15-2012, 06:15 AM

20,935 posts, read 28,426,121 times
Could be IBS my mom has that. Or it could be lactose intolerance. Your Docotor can test you for that.

Old 05-15-2012, 06:54 AM

8,309 posts, read 38,779,335 times
Lital: How old are you?

Do you typically consume a lot of breads, pasta and other grain based food?

A lot of people who are diagnosed with irritable bowel syndrome find that their symptoms disappear when they cut all wheat products from the diet.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coeliac_disease

Old 05-15-2012, 08:20 AM

15,714 posts, read 21,070,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimboburnsy View Post
Lital: How old are you?

Do you typically consume a lot of breads, pasta and other grain based food?

A lot of people who are diagnosed with irritable bowel syndrome find that their symptoms disappear when they cut all wheat products from the diet.

Coeliac disease - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
And just to add, if you have undiagnosed/untreated celiac you can very easily become lactose intollerant.

Old 05-15-2012, 10:34 AM

13,250 posts, read 42,783,686 times
Celiac is not Irritable Bowel. They're different things with similar symptoms. Please don't confuse the two. You -could- have either. You -could- be lactose intolerant. You -could- have all three. You -could- have a stomach virus. You -could- have a bacterial growth. You -could- have an inoperable fatal tumor. You -could- be ingesting something that's recently become poisoned.

You -could- have a lot of problems, or just one problem, or three problems. Internet Diagnoses are for people who don't really want to know what the problem is. Go to a doctor and find out what's wrong, and then you'll know, and you won't have to guess, and you won't try to treat yourself for something you don't have.

Old 05-15-2012, 12:44 PM

8,309 posts, read 38,779,335 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnonChick View Post
Celiac is not Irritable Bowel. They're different things with similar symptoms. Please don't confuse the two. You -could- have either. You -could- be lactose intolerant. You -could- have all three. You -could- have a stomach virus. You -could- have a bacterial growth. You -could- have an inoperable fatal tumor. You -could- be ingesting something that's recently become poisoned.

You -could- have a lot of problems, or just one problem, or three problems. Internet Diagnoses are for people who don't really want to know what the problem is. Go to a doctor and find out what's wrong, and then you'll know, and you won't have to guess, and you won't try to treat yourself for something you don't have.
That's true. Irritable bowel syndrome means "this patient is presenting with a pattern of abdominal discomfort and poor stools yet does not manifest structural abnormalities and we don't really know why." There are many shades of celiac and gluten intolerance and I think that a lot of those are dismissed as IBS. You're absolutely right that any substanitive change in GI function probably warrants a consultation with a doctor or doctors and, if the dx is IBS, systematic dietary elimination will probably be recommended. I think it would be smart to start with wheat.

It wasn't my intention to diagnose anyone with celiac disease, particularly not from the information contained in a paragraph. My intention was to get the OP reading.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness