Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Hampton Roads area
 [Register]
Hampton Roads area Chesapeake - Hampton - Newport News - Norfolk - Portsmouth - Suffolk - Virginia Beach
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-10-2009, 02:56 PM

11 posts, read 34,094 times

Advertisements

Hello, I'm a single 33 yr old female thinking about relocating to portsmouth. I'm currently living in Hampton, and I need a change!! Does anyone know where is the best place to live in portsmouth? Thank you for your help.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-10-2009, 03:37 PM

388 posts, read 861,148 times
STAY away from the Deep creek area, off of Fredrick, and around the shipyard area.

Old 07-11-2009, 07:18 AM

1,477 posts, read 6,061,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vaughn27 View Post
Hello, I'm a single 33 yr old female thinking about relocating to portsmouth. I'm currently living in Hampton, and I need a change!! Does anyone know where is the best place to live in portsmouth? Thank you for your help.
The best place to live? Well I found a home (new construction) on MLS its number is 0910235
It is for sale for 1,299,000. It has 7 bed rooms and 4 1/2 baths with approx 8100 Sq Feet of living space sitting on 3 acres of land in the River Pointe section of the city.....I don't know a whole lot about Portsmouth but that seems to me to be about the "best place" IMO I found at least for sale in the city of Portsmouth....

Last edited by rtandc; 07-11-2009 at 07:39 AM..

Old 07-11-2009, 12:39 PM

1 posts, read 2,132 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vaughn27 View Post
I am also a single female in my early 30s and contemplating a move to the area! Don't know much about the area but have a good opportunity with work to make the move. I will be anxious to see the replies to this thread as I check out possible places to live!

Old 07-11-2009, 02:43 PM

2,339 posts, read 4,431,978 times
Downtown Portsmouth has a really nice historical section down by the water. YMCA is located down by the tunnel and the main stretch going into town. Someone help me out here I done forgot the name of the roads there! High street has some nice areas to live in kinda right in the middle though. Plantation farms has a nice developement going on there off of the Pughesville exit. I'm sorry my memory is quite foggy from when we lived there some years ago.

Old 07-14-2009, 01:30 PM

3,507 posts, read 13,524,414 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaniMae1 View Post
Downtown Portsmouth has a really nice historical section down by the water. YMCA is located down by the tunnel and the main stretch going into town. Someone help me out here I done forgot the name of the roads there! High street has some nice areas to live in kinda right in the middle though. Plantation farms has a nice developement going on there off of the Pughesville exit. I'm sorry my memory is quite foggy from when we lived there some years ago.
The "Y" is on Effingham. but near the water "County Street" there is a nice area. I'm not a Portsmouth fan, but it has cleaned up since the 90's.

Old 07-16-2009, 06:51 AM

1,123 posts, read 5,355,295 times
Also the Churchland area off High Street between Cedar Lane and down to Maryview Hospital. I also like the Western Branch area of Chesapeake - right on the border of Churchland.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Hampton Roads area