Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Hampton Roads area
 [Register]
Hampton Roads area Chesapeake - Hampton - Newport News - Norfolk - Portsmouth - Suffolk - Virginia Beach
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-09-2014, 08:38 PM

9 posts, read 6,762 times

Advertisements

We lived there 5 1/2 years rather peacefully but saw drama in other parts of the neighborhood. My issue is how poorly those houses were made! We had serious black mold issues and after 2 bouts of bilateral pneumonia twice in one year then three years of complaining to housing, it took my husband's command getting involved to get anyone from LMS to even come look at our residence. It was confirmed that we had a lot of black mold. Ultimately we had to move out of the neighborhood.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-09-2014, 08:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conroy25 View Post
From my experience, military housing is not a very good place to be. Tends to be filled with very trashy junior or sometimes senior military personnel who can't get a good place to live because they have bad credit. Then you get roped into the rumors and drama that goes on. Some skank wife banging the neighborhood teens and things like that. You can find many places to rent around this area. Most of Chesapeake and areas near general boothe in VA beach are very nice. Check on craigslist.
Amen!! Chesapeake is a nice area but I'd highly recommend staying away from the housing by the Northwest Annex!! This is the worst place we've ever lived the past 11 years and are desperately looking for somewhere else to live. Un-freaking-believable!!

Old 12-09-2014, 08:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eve03 View Post
Erma

Thanks for your response! If you dont mind me askin why you wouldnt live in base housing? just because way too long? Thanks for the link too, btw!
Take it from someone who's father is retired military, served on active duty myself as an MP, and have lived in base housing, hopefully for not much longer, for over 7 1/2 years. My husband retires in 3 years and we can't wait to get away from the childish nonsense that infiltrates a community that should work together to live peacefully. It makes no sense to us how supposed grown adults act like they're in the ghetto cursing and starting fights in broad daylight and in front of children. This is NOT how we raise our kids and sadly if we don't go somewhere else for family time, we stay cooped up and to ourselves. Even then you're not safe from the gossip and lies that seem to be the only life these stay at home parents have to do. It's pathetic and we're ready to move yesterday!

Old 12-09-2014, 09:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eve03 View Post
Erma

Thanks for your response! If you dont mind me askin why you wouldnt live in base housing? just because way too long? Thanks for the link too, btw!
Quote:
Originally Posted by smileysmiles View Post
Im looking for a three bedroom house or apartment that's close to Damneck that's lenient towards credit
There's an area called Ocean Lakes that has nice condos reasonably priced. We lived there for about 3 years and really liked it. We just needed a bigger place for our expanding family.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Hampton Roads area