Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty > Hair Care
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-14-2009, 12:40 AM

1,813 posts, read 2,849,757 times

Advertisements

I know I'm supposed to buy shampoos and conditioners that say they are for color-treated hair, but if a product does not indicate this, are there certain ingredients I can look for that are known to strip away color? My hair is dyed now for the first time in a long time and I still have some products I bought when my hair was its natural color. I would like to know if I can use some of the old products still or not. For example, I have a Frizz-ease Rehydrating Conditioner that is full and new, and I would like to still use it, but it doesn't specifically say "color safe" on it. Anybody have any tips?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-14-2009, 10:54 AM

15,131 posts, read 32,375,941 times
Don't buy drugstore shampoo. Buy salon quality from a beauty supply store. It costs more, but it's worth it in the long run.

Old 11-14-2009, 01:55 PM

8,410 posts, read 39,287,700 times
I wondered this too after you asked. I guess its anything: (list in link)

Surfactant - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

EverPure Moisture Shampoo by L'Oréal Paris
^^^ but there is a whole line that has a frizz serum too.
I have not tried it but maybe someone else has?

Loreal shampoos (vive) have been the only drugstore brand that I would used on colored if you don't get salon stuff.

I would not use the conditioner you have just incase it does not work out. I think the shampoo & conditioner makes the biggest change in color and condition. Styling products so so...they just seem to be a little drying on colored hair to me. I feel like it takes away the gloss really quickly. The shampoo/conditioner being regular types seems to pull a lot of color off my root area and dry out the ends. NOT a good look. LOL SO don't do that to yourself.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty > Hair Care