Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty > Hair Care
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-05-2008, 01:26 PM

1,942 posts, read 8,493,538 times

Advertisements

If you ever saw the video "Shut up and Drive", or saw Rianna's new haircut, that is what I want. Short, but the very ends of the front are much longer and jagged. Long thick bangs that if I want to, I can wear them either as bangs, or pulled to the side.

My husband says that it would be okay....if I was in my early twenties. I am 35...and a teacher. He says it just wouldn't work for my profession, and that I am too old and would look like one of those ladies that is trying to look too young.

So, what do you think?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-05-2008, 03:41 PM

291 posts, read 1,075,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrshvo View Post
If you ever saw the video "Shut up and Drive", or saw Rianna's new haircut, that is what I want. Short, but the very ends of the front are much longer and jagged. Long thick bangs that if I want to, I can wear them either as bangs, or pulled to the side.

My husband says that it would be okay....if I was in my early twenties. I am 35...and a teacher. He says it just wouldn't work for my profession, and that I am too old and would look like one of those ladies that is trying to look too young.

So, what do you think?

I just watched the video to see what you were talking about, and I think it's super cute! Love it. Listen, what she has is a modern take on a classic cut, and there's NO reason that you shouldn't try it if you want to. You're 35, not 105! Maybe you can ask for a similar cut, but toned down just a little since you're a teacher? Like, instead of such thick bangs, go for something a little more subtle in the front, and make the graduated length not quite so drastic? Remember, hair grows- it's not the end of the world if you hate it.

Let us know what you decide to do!

Old 01-05-2008, 04:03 PM

394 posts, read 2,004,049 times
Well, now I know where all those similar haircuts I'm suddenly seeing on women in my area are getting inspiration from. And I'm talking women in their 30's. You are hardly ready for blue hair and weekly washings at your "advanced" age of 35, I say you should go for it. You can always tone it down a bit if you are uncomfortable, I see that similar look a lot here lately. I don't know why some people assume a woman over 30 needs to "look her age".

Old 01-05-2008, 04:43 PM

8,002 posts, read 18,611,923 times
Quote:

So, what do you think?
I say go for it! 35 is hardly too old for a style like that I'm 36 and still wear a string bikini!

Be sure to post a pic of your before and after pics so we can all see

Old 01-05-2008, 04:52 PM

10,113 posts, read 10,973,525 times
I think that is a beautiful haircut and no you are not too old!

Go for it ... Victoria (Posh) Beckham is 33 years old and has a similar cut.

Old 01-05-2008, 05:22 PM

8,323 posts, read 15,176,766 times
I'd say that if you liked that cut, take a look at some "pixie" cuts - since it would be very similiar to what Rianna had. And you can do very many things with that hair cut depending on the situation.

Forewarning, cuts like these accentuate your face, so make sure you're completely comfortable with your "facial beauty" before making that cut.

Best idea for the best cut is to get a program where you take a picture of yourself with your hair pulled back and you get to "try on" different hair styles.

Old 01-05-2008, 05:59 PM

3,885 posts, read 8,125,405 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaWoman View Post
I think that is a beautiful haircut and no you are not too old!

Go for it ... Victoria (Posh) Beckham is 33 years old and has a similar cut.
I was just thinking the same thing. I think it's a fantastic cut and wished I had the hair type to pull it off. Go for it!

Old 01-05-2008, 07:09 PM

16,177 posts, read 32,515,021 times
Quote:
How bad is your husband hurt?

Old 01-06-2008, 04:15 AM

11,558 posts, read 12,062,090 times
Quote:
What makes a hairstyle look fantastic is when it is the correct style/color for the wearer.

An excellent stylist will give you the cut/color that is right for you...and if you want a certain style, it can be modified to fit your face shape and your hair texture.

Good luck!

Old 01-06-2008, 07:59 AM

1,913 posts, read 8,910,135 times
Quote:

So, what do you think?
It is similar to Beckham's cut and style. I think it looks sharp. It's an easy style to take care of.
It would be fine for a teacher and BTW... remind your hubby that 35 is not old.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty > Hair Care