Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty > Hair Care
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-09-2008, 05:11 AM
MB2

3,496 posts, read 9,435,845 times

Advertisements

QUOTE=mrshvo;2444950]Thank you so much for everyone's comments! I too think it's cute!!! And no, I wouldn't doll it all up freaky for school (maybe for a night out) and no, I wouldn' wear those kind of clothes either (maybe for a night out )!![/quote]

Mrsshvo!
I HAD to come back to your post, and write this.....
Yesterday, I had a customer at work (Palm Beach Garden/ FL)....with a Rianna haircut....and it looked so stunning, that I want to go for one now too....LOL.
The lady was slighly older (maybe mid 40's, early 50's) blond, and the style/ cut was slightly longer in the front.
Darn it...I was going to ask her, where she had it done...but got side tracked.....
IT REALLY LOOKED CLASSY AND GOOD.....BUT MODERN!!!!
Ok...that's it...I am going for one.....

I was so excited about it...I just HAD to come back, telling you this.....(I need to get a life....LOL )
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-09-2008, 08:42 AM

1,913 posts, read 8,909,425 times
Talking *More Visuals*

Looks like mrshvo has started a trend...

Hey, I was just reminded of another example of this cut!
And this one is just as darling...and of course it wouldn't be right without
a visual!!....me and my pics! ....lol

OK, everyone has heard of Kellie Pickler? She's the young lady that was
on American Idol...anyhow, she has an adorable cut similar to the cuts
above... at the bottom is a link to her video ...she wears it straight and curled...
...it's absolutely adorable!.....here's a pic of it too:

Kellie Pickler

Old 01-09-2008, 09:04 AM

788 posts, read 4,069,081 times
Do it! I have seen similar cuts on much older women than you and they look great. They don't appear as if they are trying to look younger, they just look modern, sleep, sophisticated, and sassy. I love the look. My advice: cut out pictures, bring to a good stylist, and say: "I want this look or a look very similar to it that will compliment my face shape and hair texture. What do you think?"

Keep us posted and good luck.

Old 01-15-2008, 07:56 PM

253 posts, read 1,107,242 times
Thumbs up I say go for it!

I am a woman who is typically into long hair styles for myself & I too have been eyeing this hairstyle. It is fabulous! I am also in my 30's & I used to teach in NYC & there is no way that this style is too wild for teachers or too young for a 35 year lod woman. You are not a teacher in the 1950's or a 35 year old woman in the 1950's. You are a woman of today and the social norms are different. Once about a time women of certian professions or above the age of 30 were practically packing it in. Not anymore. There are still plenty of women in their 60's doing their thang. And they should be. When I taught I never let my job dicate my fashion. I knew I couldn't wear low cut too short or too tight (although I did make a mistake a time or 2) but the most part I was able to dress in a style that I am used to and still look like a professional educator It just so happens that some of those times I also looked like I stepped out of the pages of a fashion magazine.

My point is life is too short to deny yourself things. Find a happy medium if you need to. Something that doesn't cross the lines of your job yet it allows you to express yourself.

Old 01-15-2008, 08:45 PM

3,885 posts, read 8,124,361 times
I wonder if there is a follow up pic?

Old 01-15-2008, 11:01 PM

2,141 posts, read 7,868,736 times
If your face, physique and style is on the youthful side, I'd do it. If you look older than your age and wear out of style clothes, I may not. The hair should compliment the rest of you, not stand out.

Last edited by Chinolala; 01-15-2008 at 11:01 PM.. Reason: typo

Old 01-16-2008, 04:23 AM

1,942 posts, read 8,492,599 times
Thank you for everyone's comments. I have been thinking about this. I think I am going to wait and grow my hair out until summer (youngest has never seen me with long hair so I am trying to appease him just because it's something simple). About a month before the new school year starts, in the summer, I will most likely get the cut...and yes, I will post a follow up picture

Old 01-16-2008, 06:10 AM
MB2

3,496 posts, read 9,435,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrshvo View Post
Thank you for everyone's comments. I have been thinking about this. I think I am going to wait and grow my hair out until summer (youngest has never seen me with long hair so I am trying to appease him just because it's something simple). About a month before the new school year starts, in the summer, I will most likely get the cut...and yes, I will post a follow up picture
There ya go...good girl...LOL.
I am so positive, you can pull this off, and look absolutely great and stunning with it!
Just make sure, you will find the right salon/ stylist...because those are ultimately the "make it or break it" people in making a style "fly", and make the style work with your face.
I'm letting my hair grow out a bit right now as well, and I am going for it too. (Right before my vacation in April! )
mrshvo....follow up pic's, pleazzzzzeeeeee!

Old 01-17-2008, 02:20 PM

1,198 posts, read 1,531,422 times
Personally, not my kind of style, but it is really cute (I'm more of a Lisa Rinna type of haircut).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty > Hair Care