Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty > Hair Care
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-01-2011, 02:22 PM

903 posts, read 3,578,669 times

Advertisements

Hi. Any suggestions about shampoo/conditioner to use to help have the brazilian/keratin treatment last? Thanks-
Quick reply to this message

Old 10-01-2011, 03:56 PM

5,331 posts, read 8,538,811 times
You need to make sure it does not have sodium chloride in it. That is the ingredient that also strips hair color out of hair faster. So if your hair is dyed, it is good to find products that don't have sodium chloride - the color will last longer.

For a good over-the-counter choice, I would recommend the Loreal Eversleek / Everstrong / Everpure line of hair products. These do not contain sodium chloride, nor to they contain sulfates (which doesn't really matter for keratin smoothing, but some people feel they are harsh on the hair).

If you are willing to spend a bit more, this sfree Moisture shampoo, sold by Healthy Hair Plus is really good. It is such a gentle, conditioning shampoo, but without sodium chloride or sulfates. I came across it when I was researching affordable shampoo to use after I had the keratin smoothing done last year.
Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty > Hair Care