Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty > Hair Care
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-27-2008, 09:22 PM

184 posts, read 491,724 times

Advertisements

I know you're not supposed to shampoo your hair everyday, and I'm trying to break that habit. However, should I continue to condition everyday? Also, if I'm not shampooing, how do I get product out of my hair... does it just stay there until I shampoo again, or will the water from my shower rinse it out??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-28-2008, 12:55 AM

16 posts, read 57,647 times
Default Re: Shampoo/conditioner question

Conditioning hair daily is best option compared to using shampoo. I always preferred first one only. I use shampoo once in a week.

Old 08-28-2008, 09:54 AM

2,868 posts, read 9,555,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by musincy View Post
I know you're not supposed to shampoo your hair everyday, and I'm trying to break that habit. However, should I continue to condition everyday? Also, if I'm not shampooing, how do I get product out of my hair... does it just stay there until I shampoo again, or will the water from my shower rinse it out??

YOur going to need to wash your hair to remove product. So you can either skip washing all together and get a second day out of your hairdo. JUst wash/condition every other day...Often I find day 2 of a good style often works and looks better then the first day...Or you can wash everyday just use a really mild shampoo...Like a balsam shampoo or even baby shampoo. Then follow with a great conditioner. Conditioner alone will not remove your product.

I usually do not use any product in my hair...so I use shampoo maybe 2-3 times a week...Every time I take a shower I will wet it and run some conditioner through it when I don't use shampoo...

Old 08-28-2008, 11:27 AM

5,404 posts, read 16,001,992 times
Since I've gotten older, and "oiliness" isn't a problem, I wash my hair (long and thick!) every other day, unless I have a special place to go--then I wash prior to fixing my hair--it just looks better!
I don't condition unless I wash--if I'm going to get my hair wet, it gets shampoo. But, even when I wash everyday for some reason, I don't use alot of shampoo and I don't scrub and lather for very long. Put the shampoo in, rub it around for a second, and rinse!
If you have oily hair, do wash everyday--oily scalps start to get an odor after awhile!

Old 08-28-2008, 04:47 PM

631 posts, read 1,886,850 times
For those times when I overdo the product I put about a teaspoon size amount of baby powder in my hair. Work it through then comb out. It helps to absorb the extra product or oil very well.

Old 06-01-2009, 11:58 AM

1,106 posts, read 2,955,355 times
Musincy, you probably should only condition when you wash your hair. If your hair is pretty dry, there is also leave in conditioner that works well.

Old 06-05-2009, 09:38 AM

1,367 posts, read 5,742,567 times
I have never figured this out.

Since I shower every day, if I want to skip shampooing I can either wear a shower cap to just keep it dry or I can get it wet but not shampoo. Usually my style is nasty and flat looking by day two so keeping it dry is pointless. If I get it wet without washing/conditioning, it's nearly impossible to comb out.

So, I wash/condition every day!

Old 06-07-2009, 12:35 AM

37,409 posts, read 53,606,010 times
If my hair gets wet, it's getting shampooed and conditioned.

Old 07-29-2009, 12:46 AM

8 posts, read 78,678 times
Hi Bob, I've been using the organic hair product, Deesse by Estella Jin Beverly Hills. I just apply the light spray about 3 times a day, my hair turns silky smooth with in minutes and after about a 1-2 weeks of consistent use, my hair are fuller and voluminzes from the flat hair that i had. Other organic shampoo just doesn't work all that well with me.

Good luck!

Last edited by AliceC896; 07-29-2009 at 12:49 AM.. Reason: spelling error

Old 07-29-2009, 12:47 AM

8 posts, read 78,678 times
p.s.- their website is: Estella Jin Beverhly Hills hope it helps!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty > Hair Care